Leaving and clash mode: it's not a casuality

I’m now pretty sure that they have drastically increased the leaving penalties precisely because of Clash mode. Don’t get me wrong, I personally like the way this modality, the way in which by insisting it is really possible to overturn the initial disadvantage. But I also admit that there are really many (let me pass this term) COWARD players who have never had any problems leaving at the first disadvantage, especially in non-competitive modes. it happened for control maps when they lose the first point, it almost always happens for flash points whose defect of being labyrinthine is already frustrating enough, and it would certainly have happened for clash mode, causing its testing to fail before it was even feasible to demonstrate that by really insisting you can turn the situation around.

However… it must also be said that there is an opposite extreme that blizzard MUST necessarily resolve, and that is because of its own system that makes the mistake of becoming too severe with leaving. And really just two examples are enough:

• The time window to re-enter the abandoned match is shamefully short / non-existent. I’m sorry, a small line inconvenience can happen to anyone, but there must be a minimum amount of time to get back into that competitive match, it’s not fair that after 8 years there still isn’t this type of reasoning while all the problems in this world of how the increase and decrease of the rank is calculated: add the factor “I was absent for a moment / my partner was absent” to these statistics added in season 9. It takes so much, technologically speaking ? among other things, you have already experimented in the past with the system of returning from an abandoned match in the arcade through special events, what the hell is wrong with you not using it when it would really be useful at least for small periods of time useful for the competitive mode? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
  • An even more shameful thing is when we ACTUALLY have the yellow message that says that the disconnection occurred due to an error attributed to the server. And there it is absolutely not justified that the user has a validated leaving penalty, it does not depend on the user whether the server that day had a DDOS attack or a sudden overload. For YEARS there has been a request for a more preventative measure on comp modes and on how matches are canceled during system lag (and not the player’s device). It wasn’t done during the OW2 update, it wasn’t done in season 6 when the game introduced the progression system, and it wasn’t done even with the competitive update in season 9. It’s absolutely wrong that there is a more severe punishment filter but a total de-responsibility on the part of the technological side of the blizzard servers themselves.

and all this… for the clash mode which requires a little more insistence in the gameplay at the first disadvantage? So let’s better set the severity around leaving with what is in all respects a management factor.