LGBT pride icons!

But you can SEE the colour of someones hair, you can’t really see if someone is gay or something

So?

Being able to SEE it or not is utterly irrelevant to the point that I was making. The point was that both examples are not related to the gameplay.

I sometimes wonder if asking for representation in video games is somewhat narcissistic in a way. I could be wrong but it comes across like that at times. I mean if we’re talking about the real world, I understand, maybe a certain group or community is under represented, maybe they want their voices heard, the right to vote, to count, etc. But to ask to be represented in a video game, like saying I want black people in this game, or I want lesbians in that game. As someone who always plays games to escape from people and reality, asking for them to represent me or what I am or look like just seems odd. Maybe if I was a minority, trans, black, etc, I might understand but even then I doubt it.

1 Like

Haha, this thread was open in January and it’s still going

I don’t think we need gender or sexuality flags. It’s a game, just play it and enjoy it for what it is.
If you are adding gender flags why not add religious symbols or political party representation? Let people express themselves

I think it’s just wanting to be included. To be fair though, I imagine it’s more insulting when they retcon in a LGBT storyline or just tag on a ‘btw this character is gay so you can identify with our product more’

Yeah when they do it like that, it just screams publicity stunt, rather than a well thought out storyline and reveal. Similar to what happened with S76.

:rage:

Once again, my post needs “checking”.

The short is that it’s not a publicity stunt. YOU perceive it to be, but that’s in your head. Blizz have handled Soldier 76 and Tracer perfectly. The same goes with the tagged on comment.

this topic clearly indicates that all those lbgtgvsdhjgtytkngv+++ are sick. they just can’t stop talking about their perversions even in video game boards. disgusting.

2 Likes

That’s just your interpretation though, right?

I don’t think it screams “publicity stunt”. I think they’ve actually handled Tracer and Soldier very well precisely because they DIDN’T make it into a publicity stunt. I’ll try to explain.

Soldier 76 is a soldier with a picture of his loved one. Soldiers having pictures of their loved ones is a very established thing in stories, especially in World War II where soldiers would tuck pictures in their pockets or whatever. Two old soldiers (Ana + Soldier 76) talking about their long lost loved one makes perfect sense, especially for Soldier 67 because his entire thing is about giving up everything for duty to country and Overwatch. Soldiers loved one is a man, but what if it was a woman? Would that also be a “publicity stunt”? Because that’s the ONLY variable here. It is apparently (to you) the difference between a regular story and a “publicity stunt”. His comic could have had a woman on the picture, but it had a man. The two are completely interchangeable and do not affect the narrative either positively or negatively. Therefor it is not a publicity stunt. It is simply a typical story about putting duty before ones personal desires and in this case the object of love is male instead of female.

I therefor put it to you that YOU, the fan base have made it into a publicity stunt, but you can’t then turn around and accuse Blizz. You’re the ones who draw attention to the persons gender. You’re the ones who make threads about it. You’re the ones who accuse Blizz of making a big deal about it, but in reality it’s not them, it’s you.

Same thing with Tracer. Tracer has a girl friend. It could have been a boy. If it was a boy then no one would be accusing it of being a publicity stunt.

You use the term “just tagged on”, but what does that even mean in this context? Who are you quoting there? You’ve put quote marks around it like you’re quoting someone but that’s YOUR quote. :yum: Did you want them to make more of a focus on it? Shine a brighter light? Make their characters specifically refer to the fact that it’s a boy loving another boy in the comic? Because if they did that, then I’d call it a publicity stunt, but they didn’t. They did it correctly. They just had it be there, no big deal… no big deal until the player base makes it into a big deal.

The truth is that Blizz are telling typical stories with typical elements. It just so happens that they’ve got boy + boy and girl + girl and there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s just that we have a community who still apparently haven’t accepted it as normal.

The result of people not accepting it as normal is that we have tribalism and then people want to be represented and have flags and icons and “pride”. :roll_eyes: There should be no need for pride. It should be a none issue.

Let’s keep political things out of games please.

2 Likes

Agree, the truth is that its a mental disorder. Everyone can do whatever they want but dont force us to see it as normal when its not. “Satan is the king of all children of pride”.

Lucifer can be male, female or both (Trangender) and we are ruled by Luciferians thats why you have this propaganda today.

I hear what you’re saying and agree to an extent that it’s the community which blew the whole thing up. I think it was mainly because of the timing of the reveal which people, including me, didn’t appreciate. At a time when the game was facing issues (when doesn’t it have issues?) I think people expected some changes or updates to the actual game itself, rather than a gay reveal. It just felt like they did it to garner favor with the masses at the wrong time and that’s why you saw so many threads on it.

Hell yeah
no bad side to this suggestion