Like some of you i play Weekends only since OW1

and over the last 4 weeks i had the chance to compare “week play” to “weekend play”

And my experience was 100% what i thought it would be.

Short and simple:
Weekend Matches: 98% of Matches end with a Win:0 or 0:Win (and if its push its under 5 minutes to win or loss)

During the Week the Matches were alot more interesting and actually alot of fun to play with only about 5% of the Matches Resulting in a "Stomp like " situation.

It did not change alot of my stats and stuff … but the Matches played during the week were actually enjoyable … even when i lost.

Summary:
I understand the “OW Comp is Matchmaker Luck / RnG” …
But mostly on Weekends …

Additional useless comment from me:
There is a reason why most high level players dont play comp on Weekends.

Good Luck and HF Playerz !

1 Like

Same with games. Weekend lobbies are a noticeable downgrade.

If you’re interested in match quality, I’d suggest going out for a walk instead at the weekend.

1 Like

I’ve noticed something similar with the time of day as well.

Evenings are a lot more chaotic than a possible midday play session. During weekends, late afternoon is around the time when the shift happens.
If you play around midday, the matches are more even than evenings.

My theory is that the more players there are online, the less resources the matchmaker can use to create matches as it’s stretched thinner. Which could explain the drop in match quality as it needs to just toss people together to keep the queues short.
Just a theory though, so i could be entirely wrong.

2 Likes

Still sad … that there is such a huge difference in Match Quality.

There is, and never will be a feeling of acomplishement just walking through a Enemy Team.
Everyone telling you otherwise is one of those who are the first to complain about their Team when things go south.

TBH … those Stomp or be Stomped matches are the reason i think alot of just call it a experience and move on to something different.
I only speak for myself here!
There will be people reading this and think … oh he just needs to “get gud” … and to those i cite my original post … there is a reason even T500 (you all know the Streamers) stopped playing on Weekends.

Again Good Luck and even better MAtches to all of you !