Limited event skins

Question I have anas bastet skin and bastions LEGO skin , I just wanted to know if these are like “ legacy “ or like they will never return ? Like the all star skins

Who knows I thought that was the case when I bought Blizzcon Virutal ticket only to get the Sombra Skin, BAM! next year Halloween Event they gave it to everyone for free xD

Well they did inform that the Sombra skin might be available for everyone later on. That’s why I didn’t get a ticket cause I was hoping it would be true and it was.

With the other limited skins there has been no information regarding them being released again.

Always read the fine print and extra information is my plt

If they were ever going to do it. Having them all available for a limited time when OW2 launches might be it.

Or even as part of the bundle for a limited edition version of it, perhaps.

But I very much doubt they will.

Was kind of hoping some of the OWL/All-Star skins would reappear during this OWL season, maybe as some kind of peacemaker when things weren’t running so smoothly. But nah.

3 Likes

I want bastet skin badly :frowning:

why would you want limited time skins to be limited once again? thats just kicking the problem down the road.

i do agree that these legacy skins or limited skins should be available always, perhaps as prize of some kind of event or even just being able to be bought for real money… but i never understand people when they say ‘make them available for one more time’. its like they are sad they dont have those skins, but also want them exclusively?

make them available once and for all, or never again, period.

You could just to an annual charity event, so everyone gets the chance again, but they retain some exclusivity.

The mercy skin worked, because it was a limited window to do it. Mixing people who thought the charity was a worthy cause, and the mugs that’ll buy anything that seems exclusive. The limited event “forced” their hand to part with cash.

If you have them avaliable at all times, people would be less interest as the exclusivity goes down, and the charitable reason for it becomes much less impactful.

That’s why returning for a very short period would be much better than a permanent return.

1 Like

I have a feeling many will make a come-back once Overwatch 2 is launched since they are cross platformed in terms of cosmetics (which may also means more income for Blizzard if they bring it back).

I think one or 2 might.

But ones like the charity skins or the OWL event (MVP, All-Start and stuff) probably will never be seen again.