Linking Xbox and PC accounts

Hi All.

First-time poster so apologies if this has been addressed in a previous post. I am new to the forum so am not too good at navigating yet, so thought I would post my question.

I have been playing Overwatch for some time on both Xbox and PC, but on separate accounts for each platform. Firstly- Is cross-progression supported in Overwatch? If so, I was wondering: If I linked my xbox account to my blizzard account, would one of my profiles be overwritten? I didn’t want to try it in case that was the case and one is deleted when the link is made. One profile has a considerable amount more progress on it than another and I didn’t want to lose the things that I have unlocked on it.

Thanks.

I’m afraid not. Progression is platform exclusive; what you do in PC will be saved only on PC, even if you link your accounts. From the article Linking your Console Account to Blizzard:

Link your Xbox Live® or Playstation Network® account to your Blizzard account to claim your cross-promotional items—such as Tracer in Heroes of the Storm and Baby Winston in World of Warcraft—from the Overwatch Origins or Game of the Year editions. Linking your accounts will also help if you need assistance from Blizzard Customer Support.

Got feedback about the support I’m providing? Leave your comments here!

Do you get any items for Overwatch on xbox if you link your accounts?

no you do not, cross progression and cross platform are both not supported, its very dumb