Logging Out And In Repeatedly

I have a recently new issue where I am playing Overwatch, and apparently I randomly start going offline and online again several times to the point the game is spamming the notifications and it has annoyed my friends so much that they contact me about it and demand I appear offline, or they remove me as a friend altogether!

I can still play the game without interruption, my connection itself is stable, I can still access the game and Blizzard game client, I don’t even notice I am doing it but apparently I am to my friends who are also in-game and receives the notification that I am appearing offline then online again several times consecutively.

I’ve noticed one of my other friends doing this too. I have no clue how to solve this problem so for now I am forced to appear offline, scared to lose more friends.

Someone else said it may be due to the new Cross-Play addition, but I’m solely a PC gamer, I have no console.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Me and several of my friends are having the same problem. I tried deleting battle.net app from my phone and my computer and reinstalling but it didn’t work. Now I deleted everything Blizzard releated from my computer and reinstalling them again. I will let you know if it works but I doubt it. So I don’t have the exact solution but I thought knowing that you are not the only one to encounter this problem would make you panic less. I think it will be solved with the next patch when Blizzard realises the problem at worst. Still I will reply again if uninistalling and reinstalling everything works or not.

Apologies for the necro, but this happens with me as well, multiple friends of mine keep logging out and back in, making my WoW chat flood with 8-10 notifications within a minute. Haven’t found this problem anywhere so figured I’d post it here even though it mostly affects me in WoW. hard to get a useful blue response though so I’m not counting on one.

Hi, after the patch yesterday, people are complaining about me login in and out of the game. Any idea how to fix this issues? Its annoying for people in friend list ingame see me go in and out of the game, and I need to play in invinisble mode

Hi Nordmo,

Thanks for the report. We’re aware of this issue and working on fix!

Unfortunately no way to resolve it on your own that we know of, but using Appear Offline is a good call-out in the meantime.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

2 Likes

This issue is still not fixed.

Hey all,

So the cause for this should have been fixed already by now. If someone is still having issues with this, please ask them to try re-installing the Battle.net app with the steps here:

Note: This should be done by the player causing excessive notifications for their friends.

I keep trying to play mw2 and it is still signing me out and signing me back in and it crashes my game and makes me restart without any progress, I did a full pc reboot and it is still doing it, if you guys could let me know what to do or fix it soon that would be great help. I spent 100$ on a game I can’t really play.

I am also having the same problem Mr. Derp221 is having. This is affecting OW2 and MW2. I have also spent $100 on this game.