Losing with missing players

What is the point losing rating when u were playing with less than maximum people. U should lose but not lose rating with non complete team.

2 Likes

So I could queue with a friend and have them leave the game once it becomes obvious that we’re going to lose? That way I’d only ever gain SR and never lose it.

Losing a game after having a leaver is clearly annoying but there isn’t really a better way for it to work.

Just remember that you benefit from leavers when they are on the other team. So you gain SR from the current system at the same rate that you lose it, over time it averages out. So the net effect of the current system is zero. There’s not really anything to fix.

Leaving competitive game constantly has loads of penalties. Noone one would do it. Or if they do u can worsen the penalty.

You’d be correct if everyone had a single account but most people have multiple. People already queue with a friend who will leave within the first 60 seconds if things don’t go well.

Leaving already loses you SR. There’s no reason every other player should suffer.

Just remember that you benefit from leavers when they are on the other team.

People always say “there are an equal number of toxic players on both teams”, but weirdly they’re always on mine. What an interesting quirk. The fact remains that no one should be penalised for the actions of others, obviously. If SR isn’t going to actually measure skill then why does it exist at all?

1 Like