Lost Connection to Game Server - Unplayable

I’ve been having this issue for the past week. I’ve never had connection issues with Overwatch prior to this. The game is unplayable for me at this point. I can sometimes go a few games when first signing in without issue, but quickly get more and more frequent disconnects the longer I play, to the point of getting multiple in the same match. It’s always the same “Lost Connection to Game Server” disconnect, often sudden in the middle of teamfights, or even just on the main menu.

I do not experience disconnects in any other game, nor other issues with my internet. I’m often on Discord when these disconnects happen and don’t experience any other drop in connection at the same time. I don’t even experience latency spikes in other games to indicate any kind of brief connection loss. This is only an issue with playing Overwatch.

Things I’ve tried to fix the issue with no success:

• Changing my DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 / 1.1.1.1
  • Flushing my IP and DNS
  • Restarting the game and PC
  • Restarting my router
  • Testing both using a dynamic IP and a static IP
  • Running the game as administrator
  • Running a sfc /scan and applying fixes to corrupt files
  • Making sure Overwatch 2 is an exception to Windows Firewall & Defender

I’m at a loss with what else to try at this point. I managed 3-4 uninterrupted quick play games today, and thought the issue may be fixed, until I played competitive. I was then disconnected 3 times from the same competitive game. Again this is only an issue with Overwatch, I don’t experience any latency spikes, or disconnects in any other game or live service.

Edit:

Now also tried another connection entirely, disconnects still occurred.

1 Like

The Same problem ((((
do something with it please, BLIZZARD