Lost connection to game server

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem since this week. I often get booted from games now when connecting after a match is found with the error “lost connection to game server”. Also, if I click on my career profile and then history the game freezes for around 10 seconds then boots me out with the same error message.

So far i’ve tried the following:

Reinstalling the game
Flushing dns
Clearing my highlight videos from documents
Restarting router and allowing Overwatch exception through firewall.

Any thoughts? It’s stopping me from playing comp and i’m missing it a lot :frowning:

1 Like

I don’t get booted from ongoing games, but careerprofile history has been broken for a while now (at least this season)

Doesn’t even matter if you have replays there or not, happens the first time you open the history.

Mine freezes usually for 15 seconds or longer before kicking me from the server and reconnecting.

I just try to remember to not open the history while queueing to not cause problems for myself.

I’ve had tickets open as well as some somewhat helpful replies from the US forums, but am still having the same issue. It appears it might be a slightly more common problem than I first thought as a few others are getting disconnections as well