"Lost connection to game server"

Hello! I have been playing the game for atleast a year now, and when i play the game for about two hours the game “crashes” and says “Lost connection to game server” (note that this has happened in the middle of competetive games) and I cant play the game until the next day, once I got text message that read “Your account has been locked. Visit Account Management to unlock it. -Blizzard Entertainment”. And I looked up how to unlock my account. After trying just about everything to unlock my account and it saying “Your account has been unlocked” it still said “Lost connection to game server” when I tried starting the game. And I assure you its not my internet connection. I am fully lost now so if anybody can help that would be great.

-Gaps

1 Like

I have been experiencing a very similar problem. Although it happens right when I get in game. I set up a post and am awaiting a response. Are you in NA as well?

Hello Gaps,

If you keep getting disconnected, please follow the steps mentioned in our Troubleshooting Connection and Latency Issues article, including the advanced troubleshooting if needed.

I would also recommend you stay away from competitive games until your connection is stable, to prevent further suspensions.

How’s my driving? Let me know! Blizzard EU - Customer Service Forum Representatives Surveys - Hagut

I just love bot they keep on saying do that troubleshooting thing, are bliz people that lazy??? i have been getting some serious lag yesterday once i get in game my ping goes from 50-150 to 1000 and more, iam playing on trash EU servers

We ask players to follow troubleshooting, because at the moment we are not aware of any issues on our servers. Before further investigating the issue, we do need people to follow the troubleshooting so we can discard the most common causes for this kind of issue.

Once that’s done, if the issue persists, we need more data so we can investigate and see where the issue is coming from:

• Details of issue:
  • Date/time it started:
  • City/Country:
  • Internet Provider:
  • Traceroute (right after a disconnection or whenever you’re experiencing the issue)
  • Pathping (right after a disconnection or whenever you’re experiencing the issue)
  • WinMTR (right after a disconnection or whenever you’re experiencing the issue)

Got feedback about the support I’m providing? Leave your comments here!

Lost connection to the server during comp. THis is wrong. Everything was ok (internet connection stable) and than suddenly “lost connection”. Than i just couldn’t rejoin back. I guess it s because of match canceling feature. But it was not my fault. Why I lost 50 pts (i dont mind that cause i don’t care about raiting) and got suspended for 10 mins(!!11!1)? Smth clearly wrong here, Blizzard.

I have a similar problem and sometimes don’t even get into role queue. I just stay at the starting screen while everyone is in the character selection menu. Also got suspended for that today and minus rating because I left the game, in order to restart the game. And the server just tells me “Unable to connect to server”. Pls help

kicked me out mid game got it on stream . Twitch. got a lose for nothing. been playing on overwatch for hours for it to do that not gunna lie pissed me off abit. a game i felt we could win.https://www.twitch.tv/videos/483350869## heres a clip just for you . also its saying something about a dev login last time i checked im no dev. inless you plan to pay me

well atleast you can get back on the game i can not . in discord / steam im like hello ? can u hear me and yep can hear me blizzard not us

This situation looks easy for me. It looks like now Blizzard income from lootboxes is too low and they just decided to stop properly supporting games.

I see same issue with packet loss at as57976 at every game forum. WoW, D3, Overwatch full of guys writing that some switches in as57976 loosing packets.

But all we get from support - your internet connection is bad, server works fine.
Please, stop this bu*hit. Server doesn’t work fine, read your forum threads. If you can’t afford to hire normal technical stuff just stop support this games. But don’t think that all of your customers are dumb enough not to understand tracert.

And yes, I have same issue in OW and D3, lost my monk due to desync caused by packet loss in as57976

If you really want to investigate problem (which I personally doubt) you should start from auth system. This is common part for all games, as well as battlenet app itself (yes, you can find that packets loosing even from battlenet app). In my case game is disconnected not because of game servers (0% packet loss all the time), but because wrong response/no response from auth server and game throwing to login screen.

Hello everyone, i was going to play with my friend but for some reason he can join and i can’t. When i enter OW it says “Game Server Connection Failed, retrying”

Been playing Overwatch since it came out, first this happens.

My internet is fine, tried everything i could

still connection failure for a week, Why ???