Make sigma's rock destructible like sym's turrets

hi i just want to spit out this idea that has been living in my head for free for a couple of weeks.
there is a debate where some people says that sigma rock should be deflectable and eatable but other people says that since it is a “buildable” it shouldnt. well then, if it is a buildable and you cant eat it or deflect it lets give it a heal pool like symtra’s turrets where you can destroy them before they reach a wall, obviously we are talking about 40 to 75 hp so it cant be destroyed with melee.
thanks, now i can rest in peace.

Turrets are stationary devices.
Sigmas rock is a temporary projectile.

Two different things.

2 Likes

yet it is a projectile that cant be eaten/deflected, making it destructible makes the game more interesting and rewarding, idk why people don’t like to make the game more complex, having interesting interactions opens the window for better balance.

-“but owl matches would be impossible to understand” owl is a mistake that should be eradicated

-“but it will make the game too hard to understand for new players” new players should play with new players, so complex interactions wont play a huge factor in matches where people dont even know their existence.

The same can be said about any projectile in the game, so all you are doing is opening a hell gates for people to spam devs about making all projectiles “destructible”.

sure, when you remove the animation on it.
it takes a bit before he throws it, so just getting it shot while it’s in his hands would make it pointless to have.

It’s satisfying hitting Genji with it. I think it should be left how it is, it does take time to use.

It is destructible.
But not via bullets, only with shields or other objects collisions.

Making it destructible by bullets or projectiles defeats the purpose, because its basically a “stun projectile”. So you would be denying its primary function, which is the stun, and not the damage or the resources that it would take to destroy it.

2 Likes

Make it boopable so that lucio can boop it away… lol

1 Like