Mcree ult is ignoring shields

Twice today his Ult. has just Ignored shields and killed almost the whole team…
please look into this. The first time it happened I figured I made a mistake and didn’t see everything that was going on (even tho 3 others on the team kept going on about it ignoring the shield). The 2nd time it went past an orrisa shield without breaking it and killed 3 people

did you check the replay to see if it really was ignoring the shields or if it was just a dropped shield that just happened at the same time as the ult?¨

two times in one day could easily just be the shields going down naturally

It’s not a bug…
When his deatheye is fully charged, he does way more dmg that the 2000 barrier from rein can handle, so when he shoots, the barrier gets that charged dmg from rhe people behind it and breaks… Killing everyone behind it who wasnt shot at yet

Deadeye shots do damage to the shield (as they would the intended targets HP bar so quite a lot). The shots also happen in a very fast sequence but a sequence regardless. If the shield has taken enough damage and there are enough people behind the shield, deadeye will destroy the shield with some of the shots and kill people behind with the leftover shots.

This is an intended mechanic and has been like this since day one. (Although I see OT sporting season 1 spray as avatar, so I guess you already knew?

1 Like

Perhaps it is a bug, today i noticed my turret will shoot through stair cases.
This happened at junker town… game is getting abit buggier with the month.

That makes sense, so it’ll break a weak shield first then in sequence target any enemies behind the shield too?

Do you know if high noon prioritizes shooting shields first then enemies or is it just random?

What shield was it. Was it rein? Rein’s shield has a problem right now were stuff like dva bomb go through it like it’s nothing and you might be experiencing something similar

Quite simple, Mccree ult ramps up damage at about 500 DPS after the first 0.5-1s or so, if a mccree has a lock on for more than 4 s, he will more than likely do 2k per bullet or some stuff, before nano etc.

So depending on how many he has locked on, if it was a team of 6, the first bullet would instantly break the shield and the rest would hit either the intended target or one in front or get missed, because he is so slow at shooting.

This is most likely, what happened.

I was under impression that deadeye damage is simply a % of the targets health (full lock = 100%), and doesn’t increase arbitrarily much once it has locked on to everyone. I don’t know for sure though.

IT was changed quite recently to have no cap and keep ramping up at about IIRC 500 damage per second after the first second of locking on.