Meeting Season 3 GMs as a Plat 2 - Diamond 5 player

Hello. I don’t usually post on the forums, but im sure that this ain’t just me right? I have had several matches now that i have been paired with previously S3 GM players… Im just curious as to HOW am i getting even in the same pool of players as these people? As a High Plat/Low Diamond i shouldn’t even be in the conversation to meet these kinds of players. Yes you can argue that it was the previous season, but they still managed to get to GM… That should indicate at least SOME kind of skill to get into that level of play. My skill level ain’t GM… So why does the match making system queue me in the same pool. Imo the max SR range for people to group together should be 50-100 SR appart. Would this result in longer queues? Maybe, but at least i would be queued with people of my own skill level. Im getting really pissed off meeting people like this cause it ALLWAYS ends in a 1 way stomp and it is really not fun at all.

same for me, I’m also high plat/low diamond. Now I dropped from Diamond 4 to Silver 4 at once. I lost some game because of lesser teammates. So I understand a drop but this much? I’m always with the best 2 of my team, and if you just play competitive without teammates you know, there is a lot of variation in the quality of your teammates. The matchmaking is not transparent so you cant see what the problem is. Indeed no fun at all.