Microsoft to buy Activision Blizzard

They won’t make WoW free to play, they get millions a month by subscribers, it’ll be silly if they made it F2P

None one mentioned F2P.

They will just change you from being a WoW subscriber to a Game Pass subscriber with loads of additional benefits.

You would have to be pretty crazy to think that is a worse deal for the player.

F2P WoW might actually be a good idea anyways. Their current model was brough in by Mr Kotick as a way to maximise the amount of cash they could grab from the players whilst doing the minimal amount of work.

This article will help explain the issues with Bobby’s leadership, and why WoW isn’t for the players, it is just a cash grab, and that is why it faded out.

h ttps://theweek.com/tech/1009115/how-bobby-kotick-ruined-activision-blizzard

I was waiting for this moment,to see his back.Tencent might be King,can be Rich man,can be everything that’s fine,but he can’t be joy,and that’s something players in every game requared.I am sorry for mr. Vivendi but am pretty sure he is happy. Do you know meybe RodimusPrime,will all developers leave since company being sold,or they will stey,am cerious exactly for mr. Aaron Keller Overwatch Boss?I care for entire Devs as well in wow team in Diablo ?

Nothing will change in the teams, unless people want to leave. Given working conditions under Microsoft are infinitely better, and that Bobby will be leaving… I think more people will be inclined to stay.

They will be 2 completely separate companies until the deal is completed around June 2023… at which point they will start integrating everything onto Game Pass (As Phil Spencer mentioned in his interview with some American financial news channel.

Looking into it, Tencent only own 5% of Activision Blizzard… So not enough to even have a say at board level. (By comparison, they own 40% of Epic Games and 100% of Riot, whilst also having large shareholdings in Discord, Roblox and many others, and also 5% in Ubisoft).

This is usually due to trading laws in China. A US company cannot directly trade in China, they have to have a separate Chinese business, which Tencent most likely help run. This is why Blizzard could quite easily wash their hands of the whole free Hong Kong thing a few years ago. It was technically someone elses fault how that was handled.

As I said,I am happy I can see back of mr. Tentcent , when he bought riot,he brought all toxicity into game and all acros the company,why,because answer is so simple,he don’t know how to work his job,he might be good Doctor,Policeman,and so on,but not as the job what he doing right now.I am pretty sure,he is losing money,but showing into public he is earn so much,as I said in one post,he make alot fakes things all across riot company,pretty sure in that.I was player of league of legends in 2009 till 2015,I belive he bought company 2012,first thing what I saw in the game it was latency from 30ms jump to the 70ms,second thing pay to win skins,third thing toxic, and so on.He is the worst leadership in the World, 100% I claim it,and he never will be like mr. Vivendi,neva.I am so happy Microsoft will bought even part of mr. Tencent.

what did i say then?
as you seem to know better than i do.

1 Like

This was my reply to you back in December…

we talked about microsoft buying blizz/activision and it being a strong possibility.
i didn’t say it wouldn’t happen but something like this was gonna happen.

it was you who said specifically microsoft would buy blizz, but i just thought activision wouldn’t let that happen but microsoft bought both so here we are.

and i said maybe we will see blizzard games on xbox game pass meaning i agreed with you that it was a strong possibility.

i just forgot it was you who actually said that specifically.

i mean somebody did say that call of duty were doing great with a lot of players and how their f2p was good so i thought “oh maybe activision isn’t doing as bad as i thought, and i think there’s no way in hell they would want to lose blizz IP’s to other companies if they actually had any way to keep them”

point was, blizz was on a downwards trend and was ready to be bought by bigger fish.

2 Likes

I really hope Microsoft uses this to make major changes to Overwatch 2. They don’t need to make Overwatch 2- 5v5.

All they have said is that teams will the resources they need.

They also won’t have Bobby Kotick deliberately sabotaging the teams work, single handedly causing delays.

I get that, but you will have to accept that 5v5 is here to stay. Unless they make massive changes to some tanks, 5v5 is the future.

(by massive changes, first things I’d do is remove Sigma’s shield. An off-tank doesn’t need a shield AND the ability to eat damage).