My account is reset and i lost everything

Hello overwatch 2 support team, hopefully you are seeing this message.
I am a playstation player. Has overwatch 2 just launched i tried to play it again and i found out that there was a cross progression feature where the progress you had in overwatch 1 would carry over to overwatch 2, but has i had not played for a while i had no clue that it was a thing. When i jumped into overwatch 2 my account was reset i have nothing on it and it is still level 1, even though my psn account is linked to my battle net account. Is there any other way to recover the progress from overwatch 1 since the game server has already shutdown? There are a lot of players who have put a lot of effort and time into overwatch 1 in this same situation as you may have noticed from the other threads. We hope you fix this.

5 Likes

Even when i played the closed beta on ps4 i had all my stuff unlocked…
Now i have 0 of anything, makes no sense. Unless they did it on purpose so people would spend more money

1 Like

Most of the posts i have read have the same issue i know i dont have the store either

1 Like

same thing here. i‘m a switch player and i had so many skins ect but now everything is gone?? bro if we don‘t get our earned things back i‘ll cry myself to sleep frfr…

1 Like

I logged in to overwatch 2 in my switch and everything is gone all my cosmetics got deleted please anyone helps me :pray:

Hi,

this is a known issue and is being investigated.

Known Launch Issues

• Some players who merged their PC and console accounts are seeing an “Unexpected Server Error”
  • Some cosmetics, items, and currency that players own are not showing up in their collections
  • Some players are experiencing server disconnects

Please keep an eye on this thread which is updated constantly. Thanks for your patience, and hopefully the issue gets resolved soon! :wink:

Oh boy im tired of seeing thatvcopy paste statement… it would be nice to get a human to answer us… it has been 24h my account is still reset and i have no clue if i will get my stuff back even with my psn account connected to my battle net account… not to mention that the in game merge buttom is not even working for me… and its not only about skins even my account level is back to level 1

1 Like

same with my account 1st level when i used to play it everyday in 2018 xD. please let me get my skins back
:<<<<<<<

My account got reset

Happened to me too lost 255 hours and 36 quid and can nver get it back

Please don’t necro old threads. Also, you likely just logged into the wrong Battle.net account, so be sure to double-check you’re on the right one, or open a ticket if you can’t track it down.

Please do not necro (ressurrect) old threads. At the time of the initial posting there was an issue as mentioned in the green post.

Any issues you are experiencing now are not likely related.

In this case I can offer some information.

This issue is an account linking/merging issue and not a technical one. The community forums won’t be able to address it for you.

If you had progress on console and it disappeared when you merged to a new battlenet account it typically means your progress had already been merged to a different battlenet account at some point in the past after the merge feature became available.

Progress can only be merged once and it will remain on that battlenet account. It cannot be duplicated or moved to a different battlenet account.

I recommend checking any other emails you control for a battlenet account and then check that battlenet account for your progress. If it’s there, you can unlink your console profile from this battlenet account and re-attach it to that original battlenet account.

If you cannot locate the original battlenet account, or can no longer access the email and battlenet account in question, you can submit a ticket requesting assistance with locating, or recovering access to that battlenet account.

Click your name at the top of this page, click support, then contact support. Try to include as much information about the account as possible, battletag, invoice ids, date of birth, addresses that may have been added to the account, phone number etc… Anything you can think of that will help support locate and recover access to the account.

Now if you are certain your console profile has never ever been linked to another battle.net account, then there may be a bug. This won’t be something resolvable via ticket submission. The best course of action would be to report the issue on the bug report forum. Do not post any personal information on a public forum, just describe your situation in that post.