Mythic Prisms - Overpriced and Dissapointing

So, now that Season 10 has dropped and we have the Mythic Shop to pick up any previous mythic skins we may have missed out on.
It’s a big disappointment, while I am grateful we get the Mythic Prism currency on the pass, enough to buy one skin. Why does it take 50 to buy the base skin then 30 more to unlock all the customisations while we used to just get the skin + all its extras as the final pass reward, the main thing that gave players an incentive to play more and finish the Battle Pass in the first place.

Now they also add the Mythic Prisms as a new premium shop currency we can spend real money on if we want another Mythic Skin, but in order to fully unlock one of these OLDER skins it costs a total of £60 UK pounds if you buy the 50 prism bundle + 3 of the 10 prism bundles which turns out to be cheaper than the 100 prism bundle they have as the only other option which is around £64. That’s an entire NEW game’s worth of money for an in game cosmetic item?

Yes I get that it’s completely optional to buy these skins but suddenly going from paying £8 for a Battle Pass that already came with the mythic skin to them removing the skin from the pass and throwing it into a new section of the store and forcing us to unlock it bit by bit as we gain more prisms through the pass is ridiculous. Why not just take out the 10 prisms per skin level and just give us the entire skin as is or better yet, just make it so previous seasons skins are in the store, like we thought they’d be and let us continue to get the mythic skin at the end of the battle pass like we were doing anyway. There’s no need to be putting such a big price tag on old content.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big skin collector myself already owning a few skins that were previously locked behind Overwatch’s Battle Pass Mega Bundle’s for previous seasons purely for wanting ONE skin in the bundle that I couldn’t acquire otherwise, like Moira Lilith, but after community feedback they’ve made it so you can buy those mega bundle skins on their own now through the Hero screen.

I do hope Blizzard realise how ridiculous these currency pricings are and make some changes.

4 Likes

1 full mythic should cost 30 prisms max. These prices 70EUR for 1 mythic is ridiculous.

1 Like

It makes no sense than a AAA game costs as much as a single cosmetics in a game.

Agree. But it only matters if you want more than one…

If you buy the battlepass you get any mythic you want. So it’s only 8 euros.

The price looks stupid, but there shouldn’t ever be a reason to pay it.

1 Like

Most things they sell, well, pretty much everything they sell is over-priced. I mean on WoW, they way overcharge for pets, mounts n such.

you re not suppose to unlock them fast and for 2euro… they want you to chose one and do it with the battle pass. and ezven then there is way to do 3 skin in 2 season … poeple alaways cry these days… you can get a ended season reward and people still cry…ps if you pay for your mythics 70euro you are the prob not them…

2 Likes

Yeah, when you think about it it’s not any skin, it’s a mythic. You shouldn’t be able to unlock it just like that. The devs take their time to go towards the right adjustments so they might tweak it soon.

Also, most people got the BP and the skin before this new currency, wouldn’t be fair for the people who decided to grind a specific one that anyone can just unlock it super easily.

1 Like