New initial spawn points for defense maps

I hate defense maps, not because i hate the mode but because at the start of the match i have to walk 20 seconds from base to the area that i will defend.

To solve this problem they should create 5 new spawn points on high ground areas of the defending area. For example in Gibraltar the spawn points should be on the container which connects to the bridge (i would share a photo of the location but i guess its not allowed?). These spawn points should be only active before enemy spawn doors open, so if you choose your hero after the match starts (enemy doors open) you will spawn at the original base. Without need to walk, preparation timer should be reduced from 40 seconds to 20 seconds.

There is only 1 problem, if a player wants to change their hero they wont be able to do it because they will be out of their base (with the new spawn points). I can think of 1 way to solve it but probably it would cause problems/bugs in the future so other way would be accepting that you cant change the hero but im open for other suggestions

1 Like

Too much hand holding that.

I’d maybe make them closer. Like Gibraltar for example, just use the second attack spawn for the initial set up.

But I think it’s probably deliberate to punish those that aren’t ready. You’re not given long to talk about comp, set up and plans to make it more challenging.

2 Likes

@OP I think this is a great idea!

One might be justifiably perplexed as to why some hold the view that this constitutes “handholding” - while they’re perfectly fine with:

• RQ
  • Staggered respawn alignment
  • Pings
  • Larger bullet hit boxes

Etc.

But a common sense change like this where defenders are spawned near the point they’re supposed to defend without a repetitive 20 second walk every time?

That’s where we draw the line!

:smile_cat:

It would be the same punishment as what we have right now nothing will change. Currently if you select your hero after enemy spawn gates open you will be walking for 20 seconds while your teammates are already fighting. With the new spawn points if you select your hero after enemy spawn gates open you will be walking for 20 seconds while your teammates are already fighting. Literally same thing.

Again assuming that walking takes 20 seconds, normally you will have 20 seconds for comp talks and thats the exact same amount you have with new spawn points.

1 Like