New wave of aimlockers?

Hello,

Lately the amount of aimlockers have blatently increased over the past two weeks I’ve been playing overwatch. It goes from light to heavy aimlock. most of the time they’re in duo’s too… (I know this since I watched the replays back since I was suspecting they already had aimbot). Not only in competetive but in quickplay too…
Is there some new aimlock given around for free which is being heavily exploited?
Something has to be done against this. Since most reports are just not taken care of since they stop playing on the account for a while…

6 Likes

Yeah it’s noticeable. Now in every second game you can meet some one on aim bot. Bad thing is, that mods don’t rly care about aim bots. And those who care, have no clue how to fix it. So in general every one just ignores this problem.
But there is one solution… As one stupid nation says “If you can’t beat them, join them ;)”.

do you have evidence because it can be very hard to tell from an outside perspective if someone is using an aim bot… typically you need to scrutinize the replay footage and ideally it should be a impartial 3d party because people are biased as {¤#%!

if the brain can blame some external source for its failure then it will… the ego is frail… very frail…

Also echo cambering is always so very pleasant especially when it helps protect the ego…

I feel these anecdotal conversations are kinda pointless… all they do is reinforce the perception that cheaters are all over the place… with no evidence what so ever!

where is the utility in this?! how does this help anyone?

To clarify i am genuinly intrested in seeing actual evdence for this either way… because then i have something i can evaluate and put my finger on…

but anecdotal stories about cheaters is just meaningless fluff… it tells us nothing… other then that people love echo chambers…

and obviously that people hate cheaters…

I think it would be nice if Blizzard added a replay dump feature so you can load it to youtube but with names anonimized and some code reference they can look it up if the prevaling unbiased (well less so then the accuser) opinion of the forum is that its actual cheating then they can review it themselves…

that would be a efficient way to judge if someone was cheating beyond blizzards regular cheat detection software it runs in the background.

They could make a specific forum for that and have some rules of behavior to promote a more constructive efficient discussion thats on point… maybe reference some guides of what to look for in actual cases of cheating as opposed to really good snap aiming…

(i hate it when people just spout unmotivated opinion on it being cheating or not without pointing to something specific that sort of comment means nothing)

i think this would dispel a lot of the typical community hysteria…
because i think cheaters are a lot more rare then people think they are.

There will be bunch of “where is evidence” type of losers trying to defend their cheats. I mean look at the imbecile above my comment lol. They all aimlock onto character edges. Here are few samples:

It locks onto closest edge and it’s more noticeable when their actual aim is terrible. They prefire and miss shots but then starts hitting chain of shots when it locks on. Also when their original aim is not very stable, their aim will have this round motion that goes around character edges. Also it’s more obvious when they are hitting tanks like wrecking ball, as they will go for edges most of the time(normal person will aim for middle, since that’s the easiest).

Noticed that with Hanzos n Widows…

So basically because you found a bunch of people hacking on youtube so everyone else in game is hacking?

That’s a reach.

3 Likes

How is it a reach when it’s very noticeable in game? This got popular back in Feb when Korean youtuber was contacted by a cheater that actually exposed this:

They found at least 3k cheaters in a discord server all sharing this and it started spreading real fast since Blizzard never did anything about it. They also actually advertise it everywhere. You can google it and you will get bunch of results.

Also, try using the term “cheaters” instead of “hackers” since hackers are actually smart and can make things on their own while cheaters are just losers with no skill in anything.

2 Likes

IIRC there was a huge ban wave of hackers on the korean server a few months back. Not saying there’s no hacker on EU or NA but it’s a very small portion of the players not 1 cheater per game like people make it seem.

2 Likes

me thinks thou doth protest too much…

either you’re cheating your self and trying to cover it up by prostesting

or you’re wilfully ignorant because this game is infested with cheaters using cheats ranging from Ability stringing macros, to simple pixel or 180 bots, to full blown hacks… and you see it almost every game

1 Like

You’re delusional if you think that.

1 Like

And you’re either cheating yourself or defending cheaters if you think otherwise

1 Like

Wow first one is pretty quality one… but still noticeable

I’m not hacking or defending anyone, stop putting words in my mouth please.

Like I already said, there are hackers in OW, yes, are they half of the population like you seem to think? No.

Or are just going to call me a hacker or insult me everytime you have nothing to answer?

Most people are just mad because they lose to someone so they call them a hacker, there’s even an anticheat detection that’s been added…

3 Likes

its not only hitscan hacks enymore.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TransparentSmilingMallardLitFam

wat do u mean?

You actually do this

Thinking that ANY FPS shooter has no aimboters is like being 5yrs old kid and believe in ponyland

Glad you took the time to read past half of the first sentence :weary:

1 Like

so wait all of a sudden people are loosers or possible cheaters themselves or defending cheaters for trying to inject some skeptisism about supposed evidence where there is a risk of false positives?

That is kind of a messed up attitude.

I view accusations of cheating like accusations of crimes… i.e innocent until proven guilty and with an burden of proof on the behalf of the accuser.

You don’t just go banning people willy nilly just to appease the screaming mob…

Because it’s all good and fine to be in the screaming mob until you yourself gets banned falsely due to an erroneous accusation then it’s no longer as fun…

And it also kinda beggarss belief how people can think the game is so flooded with cheaters… Blizzard is actively working on this issue and has cheat detection software built into the game… they also have metrics that can give teltale signs of cheating…

and now there are replays… it seams much more likely that cheating is on the decline given all these facts.

But the one thing blizzard cant control is people belief and perception.

every time i end up in a widow maker duel and get head shooted every time i peak around a corner sure i could think that must be a cheater…

But i pull of shoots like that myself… so i don’t take the ego appeasing route and assume its a cheater… no i decide i am being a total raving idiot for attacking from such an absurdly obvious route and start flanking the widowmaker so i can shoot her in the back of her head… because hey if a widowmaker is that obviously focused on predictable routes then it’s highly likely that they are tunnel visioning like heck and that makes them a sitting duck for a flanker…

Now if you miss the first shoot and they instantly do a 180 turn and head shoot you then it’s a cheater fore sure… but i cant recall that ever happening to me…

2 Likes

Yes. Since I’ve seen the replays… Like it says in my post.
E: I’m not just making this post because I “think” they’re cheating. I’ve seen it in the replays. Obvious aimlocks.

well its kinda pointless if you cant share the evidence… then it will forever be hearsay…

the game could use a annoymized video dump option maybe with a reference tag if blizzard is interested in the parties involved.