Nintendo Switch account link bug, please help!

Update 11th July 2022:
It seems like the issues has sorted themselves out without me doing anything!
I now show up properly in my friend’s friend lists and it displays the correct profile when I’m offline. It seems like this problem is solved for me at least.

I am a PC player who sometimes plays on my Switch while travelling, so I got Overwatch for the Switch and linked it to my main account (this one).
Every since I linked my Nintendo Switch account to my Battle.net I’ve had problems with my account not showing up for my friends in their friends list even though I am online and in-game. So far, I’ve confirmed with 3 different people that when I launch Overwatch they can only see me as a “blank” rectangle on their friends list while everyone else but me appear as normal. The only way for me to temporarily fix it, is to change my online status in-game from for example Online>Away>Online, and only then they will see my account.
It also happens that when I am offline, it decides to show my Switch profile instead of my PC profile. I’m a PC player, that’s where my progress lies. Yes, I got the game on Switch too, but why is it ONLY showing my Nintendo Switch account even for those who are on the PC pool? Not a really a game breaking bug, but it is very annoying that my level 12 Switch profile shows up instead of my main account, and people have also asked what happened to my account and all I can tell them is it’s a bug that still isn’t resolved even after MANY people reporting it ever since the cross-play feature was implemented.

I’ve tried disconnecting my Nintendo Switch account from my BNET account, but it still shows up!? I even tried reconnecting it to a different one but it still shows up as well.
When I go to the browser and look up my profile, the Switch account is also there but when I click on it it takes me to a page saying
“PROFILE NOT FOUND
BUT YOU HAVE ROOM TO IMAGINE.”

At this point I am clueless and I’ve tried everything I’ve been able to find.
I have reached out to support, but they redirected me to the bug forums where they still haven’t addressed the previous threads I could find where similar bugs and account issues were stated.

9 Likes

Can confirm this is true, the account only shows up as a blank rectangle in my friends list sometimes. I can imagine this is very frustrating for both trying to play with friends since the account appears offline, but also for profile viewing.

4 Likes

My friend has the same issue, I can’t invite them nor look at their profile or even see their icon it just get defaulted into overwatch icon. I’m not sure if the problem is with linking account to another platform but that was the only thing that comes to mind.

4 Likes

Also happened with one of my friends, it just shows blank rectangle on my friend’s list and I can’t interact with them when I right click on their profile.

4 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t know about it until somebody noticed and told me.
Most people would just probably assume I was offline or had removed them as a friend when in reality neither was the case…

2 Likes

I thought I was the only one getting this problem, I have my pc account linked into my switch too, I’m not sure if its only with the switch or it also happens with other platforms

1 Like

I can confirm this issue, they need to restart the game multiable times to hopefully appear online so I can invite or whisper them

1 Like

I have the same issue since I linked my battlenet account on Switch. And i also tried everything to fix it but without success. It’s very annoying when people can’t invite or whisper you in game.

1 Like