No Sound Again-Again

Howdy. On repeated occasions Overwatch just fails to have any sound at all, and this recent update seems to have brought that problem back into the fold for me yet again. Barring voice chat, I cannot hear any other sound in-game. I’ve tried restarting my computer, running Overwatch FIRST, disabling processes that tank my PC, repairing the game, checking my computer and Overwatch’s sound settings (they’re still not set to muted, I promise) and following several threads on the old forum to no avail. Half the time it just fixes itself on a whim, isn’t exactly a solution.

Anyboy got any suggestions?

Hey TripWyre,

What kind of sound system do you use? Speakers/headphones or perhaps both? Are you able to test with different speakers or headphones?

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

Hey there! Apologies for the delayed response, life beyond the keyboard called.

I listen to the game from a wireless USB headset most of the time, a Logitech H-800. I hadn’t tested listening to the game from my laptop’s speakers (Realtek HD Audio, if that helps any) yet, but I couldn’t get any sound out of there as well.

Can you try the following for me in-game, and see if that enables/disables the sound for you: CTRL+S and CTRL+M

Grand news, it fixed itself again.

I went ahead and attempted those commands anyway, and neither really seem to mute my game at all.

Thank you for your time though! Apologies for the ruckus.

The best kind of fixing, and the best kind of news! :slight_smile: