No sound in voice chat

Hi. im a normal overwatch player and for some time ago my voice chat stopped working, i hadn’t pressed anything, it just stopped working. i can see the boxes in the top left cornor but i cant hear them (They can hear me), i have tried switching my sound but it doesn’t work, mt in game sound i perfectly fine and i can hear everything but the voice chat isn’t working. Discord and other stuff works with the sound and everything.

Please answear if theres something i can do it makes it really hard to climb.

1 Like

Hey Wessman06, can you have a look into the following articles? they may prove useful for you.

Overwatch - Voice Chat
Overwatch Voice Chat Not Working

i v got same problem here. would be wery helpfull if someone got some answers

Hey Vossprey, i have looked at the articles but its not one of the problems, the problem is that i can see people in the voice chat, i can also speak to them but when they speak to me i cant hear it.

(I can also see them speaking in the top left cornor)

This sounds like an issue with exclusive mode on the playback device. You can fix that by going through the steps here (but for the playback device instead of recording device in the advanced section).

I have tried the different output but nothing seems to work. I dont think that its the play back cause i can hear everything else fine, as i said before i can see the pop up icons of them talking, but i cant hear them. I really dont understand it since i have not touched anything before this problem happend.

So just to check, you have both speakers and a headset available and you’ve tried both as the selected output, getting game sounds normally to the correct output, but not voice, yes? If still needed to test, you can find how to set the defaults here.

If it’s still not working, please contact us via this link and include your voice chat logs (instructions on where to find them are at the bottom of the page here), as well as the system files as per Obtaining System Files. Thanks!

Yes i get normal sound in game but no voice chat, i can speak to the people in the voice chat but cant hear them. I will try the links and keep updating

1 Like

Hey. Did U get the sound in VC to work? Im experience the same

Please don’t necro post in old threads.