No warning before permanent ban

Good afternoon all, I got an email yesterday saying my account is permanently closed, and when I appealed the answer was that after thorough review they deemed the actions correct. The only thing I was told is that there are “various and continued actions deemed inappropriate for Overwatch”. I am very confused about this, since;

1. I never received any sort of ban or penalty before this.
  2. If it is about text chat (which I don’t even know but can’t think of anything else) I was never muted for a duration or warned by any means about my actions.
  3. Possibly the most important, I have no idea what this is about since the actual actions that violate the Code of Conduct are not revealed to me.

It seems a bit extreme to provide no warning and above all permanently ban an account that has been active since 2017, and after everything give me no information about it. I don’t think the first action to be taken against an account should be a permanent ban, since I wasn’t even aware that I was doing anything wrong, which a warning would have fixed. I know everyone says this, but I had a lot of cosmetics from Overwatch 1 since season 10, real money spent on the account, and a lot of sentimental value on this game over the last 6 years. I’m not tempted to start over, so I would really really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this, or at least provide some clarity.

If anyone has any similar experiences I would appreciate some input or opinions.
Thanks and have a good day.

4 Likes

Same Situation here, however I was on a 13 day silence (which was deserved) before I was perma-banned on 9 days left. The only information I could pull out after 4 appeals was “specified reported chat”, so its probably text chat, no warning or suspension, straight perma.

1 Like

that also sounds weird, my main problem is that i didn’t receive a warning but receiving a warning then being banned is very strange. i’m not even sure mine is chat but can’t think of anything else so i’m assuming it is, but yeah no context either just perma ban while i’m in a comp game.

1 Like