None of my Twitch drops have been added to my account DESPITE being claimed as soon as I got eligible and my account being linked the whole time

I’ve been trying to get Twitch drops for a long while: Those include the Kiriko voice line, Kiriko Sukajan skin, Werewolf Winston skin, Reinhardt Mug souvenir, Brigitte Mitzi Charm. I’ve still got the Ramattra Restrained spray for some reason and already had the Winston spray from Overwatch 1, but not the rest of the drops I’ve listed here.

I haven’t got any of those items in my account DESPITE those drops being claimed in my Twitch inventory. My account has been linked for the whole time. I even got the Overwatch 2 Beta pass through Twitch drops. I didn’t make much fuss about Kiriko one since it was bugged for so many people and I expected to get it in a few days. I stopped playing OW2 for college reasons but still watched streams to get goodies. But finally when I logged into my account to check if got any of them; THERE WAS NONE. NOTHING except for the Ramattra spray.

My account has been linked to my Twitch account for more than 7 months; up until yesterday. I saw your post about how after you change your Twitch password, you need to relink your Battle.net account if you want to keep getting drops. The last time I’ve changed my password was because of the Twitch leaks back in November 2021. As I said, even then after that occurance I still got my Overwatch 2 Beta pass through Twitch drops. So I wasn’t sure if this was the problem. But still, yesterday I unlinked and relinked my account, AFTER claiming Ramattra’s spray.

But when I checked my Overwatch 2 inventory, still, NONE of the drops I’ve listed here were unlocked in my account. For the whole time, none of the workarounds you provide in your troubleshooting article, work for me. The Kiriko one is especially a joke since it just says “we fixed it.” And there is no way to send a ticket directly to you for help. Only automatically selected articles presented to me by a bot who reads my keyword inputs. No way to send a ticket regarding this issue.

I have the screenshots of the claimed Twitch drops, linked account and the locked items in my Overwatch 2 inventory.

I’m getting increasingly frustrated by this, I don’t want to miss out on the Ramattra skin too. I already missed the skins and charms I wanted and watched hours of streams for. Add those items to my account which are rightfully mine, please. Thank you.

UPDATE: Since I unlinked and relinked my account yesterday, I got to get the Traveling Monk Ramattra skin after finishing watching streams today. But it is very unfortunate that the previous drops were not registered because I wasn’t aware of this spesific issue sooner. Maybe relinking can fix your issues with very recent drops… I’m still asking for Activision Blizzard Support to add the drops I got eligible for but weren’t added. Since this issue has happened very recently and has only happened with their system and not with other games’ drops that were not related to my Battle.net account.

sadly same here. after 2 months no rewards. im unsure to try to get rammatra skin ;/

I’m actually sad to see that there are other people than me who experiences this issue.
I’m currently trying to get Ramattra skin to be honest. It’s such a great skin. But I’m unsure if I’ll actually get it or not, too.

I’m currently trying to acquire my Twitch’s Connected Accounts and Services history to prove Battle.net support that I’m entitled to get those drops added to my account. (If they ever see this post, since there is no way to send a ticket regarding this issue.)

Like, they can see that I participated in the first OW2 open beta thanks to Twitch drops. I don’t know why it didn’t give me in game content after that.

I’m sorry this has happened to you too. Or anyone else, in that matter.
I hope they will respond to this and fix our issue. Also let us send tickets regarding to this in the future.

Same, but validated on Twitch and nothing in games.

Writing to support seems useless to me because of their legendary inefficiency.

How can we do ?