Not balanced player distribution in MM

Why do i have 5 suport mains on my team and the enemy team has 5 dps mains?
Why do i have 6 dps mains on my team and the enemy team has 5 suport mains and 1 tank main?
I understand that role queue is bad and hurts the game . But at least mix the teams up so we have support , tank , dps players on the same team .
This will help matchmaking and this game.

5 Likes

I think it is weird that your SR is calculated over all the heroes.
When you have to fill the MMR/SR is added to your personal MMR/SR and your main.

What i would like more, and would make more sense, is a separate SR/MMR for each hero. So you can have a 4000 SR on tracer, but on Diva you got a SR of 2400. The personal SR would then the total of all the heroes SR divided by the number of heroes.

Also it would more sense then to queue op as a hero (you are still allowed to change) So the system has an easier job matching players together.

The hero based SR would make players to try out more different roles faster. Now players are mostly forced to play a hero they know they are not so good at, and because of that they are afraid that will destroy their MMR/SR.

ok lets try and break it down.

When you check a players time played do you check everything or just the current and last season.
Do you check with the player as he/she could be a flex and mainly gets healer.

This whole main system on this game is pointless. ATM i have the most play time on Dva moira and junkrat. Neither of which i consider my main as i flex. If you took my current season stats you would call me a support main. My overall stats show im an offtank main. Which would you say the system should go with. What if this season a player had x amount of time on both a tank and DPS which would the system that balances roles focus on.

Yes people have prefered roles. Yes people are better and play them more. That does not mean they are mains.

When people say they main something I intentionly pick that hero. And say

‘This is game where maining a hero can put you at a disadvantage. Yes you can be mechanically great at that hero and can 1v6 but all the team needs to do is pick counters. Using pharah and genji as examples. Pharah can completely wipe teams with her ult. So all the enemy team need to do get a hitscan and focus her. With genji i can counter him with a moira. So start learning how to play the actual game. This is not TDM it is an objective based team game. Kills mean nothing.’

If you get a game with 5 support ‘mains’ Then simply talk to your team. If they dont flex then report for sabotage. People need to learn how to play this game properly. If you want kills go play COD

Boi o boi , You just dont know how IT works do you?
You forget 1 simple problem. Yes You can talk to your team but the 3 mercy , moira , Brigitte mains in your team cant execute , due to mechanical skill (dps) or simply experience ( main tank) .
Did You ever played those games when You got the sweet 2-2-2 games?
I remember they were stomps over a 6 suport mains team or 6 tank mains or 6 dps mains.
And the stats should be from this season.
Dps 1 tricks should get longer queue , dps mains should get longer queue times . And thats how you create more suport and tank mains.

“Kills don’t mean anything”
Well then, i’ll just tunnel vision the point and ask my opponents to nicely get off it so we can cap.
It’s a shooter, kills make the difference between a win and a loss, ans they are just as important as the objective itself.

Aaaaand the players with high skill rating should get the priority over trash ones. This should put good player with good players.

Kills are important Yes. But they are not the main focus of the game. The amount of times I have seen teams lose because they are chasing kills instead of focusing the OBJ. Standard order in the game is. Is the OBJ free from enemies?
Yes then push it.
No then push them off until you can push it.

Are enemys near the OBJ
Yes then push them away
No then ignore them and go for OBJ.

All kills are, are a way to deter the enemy and push them back. I have won games where we have only killed them all once.

As for futanocas reply. SIngling out player by what they play is wrong. If that was the case then people just wont play DPS and all you would get is tank and support mains. Now you have no damage because in your world people who main a role cant play anything else as they only played support this season as the other countless hours they have on dps is void as it not this season.

Your logic is flawed, as is your arguement.

BLURRY. I would like you to explain to me if kills are important how you would win a game if you do not play the OBJ and only play to kill

What If i told You, i didnt mean that the suport mains or tank mains or dps mains are obligated to play the role. Thats why i said no role queue. They can play other heroes , but If they play mostly support they will probably pick that .
They can play other heroes, roles .

Do you check with the player as he/she could be a flex and mainly gets healer.