Open Queue is the worst game mode

“Why are you playing Open Queue anyway”, “Players don’t care about open queue”, “real comp is role queue” are to be expected but I don’t care.

I’ve been playing open queue for some times and I can’t stop noticing how stupid players are when they get free choice. Here are some examples:

• 3 hitscan can’t counter one single pharah
  • Teammate complains about the bastion and goes widowmaker
  • No teamplay
  • We only have one healer that can’t heal everyone? I’ll go dps and just die over and over!

I lost 400sr, 400. But the common denominator might be you Flam! Sure, but the teams I got were probably the worst I’ve ever gotten to play with. I hate that, I hated every single game I’ve played, always wondering if at some point I’ll get one good team to boost my confidence. I got one moment like that with an amazing rein player who really understood the assignement when I nano’d him. Otherwise, toxic, rude, 0 game sense, take the stupidest pick and avoid to take any counter.

Open queue shouldn’t exist. And I’m so tired of it. It’s just ridiculous how one single gamemode can catalyze the essence of stupidity in this community. Role queue isn’t like that at all, in every way. Sure you can loose, sure you can find one annoying team mate, but you’ll play as a team, focus on your role and get a pleasant.

I had to get this out of my system, because right now I want to yeet my pc on the wall and yell as hard as I can but I won’t. So I am using the forum that no-one will read anyway because blizzard doesn’t care about Europe, but unlike the US forum there are more reasonable people in here.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, I only ever play OQ to get some tokens so whenever I feel like playing DPS once in a blue moon, I don’t have to queue for 3 years.

Other than that I stay away from it since it feels like people care less and communicate less in OQ than regular comp.

1 Like

You give stupid people freedom and they do stupid things. Open Queue is like having a road where there are no rules. So you get people driving with a sofa on the bonnet and the kids using a jerryrig periscope shouting left and right.

Same thing, Full of selfish and stupid people. The kind who only play cowboy. You got to force them to play 2-2-2 just so everyone stops going dps. They like to friend request you as well i noticed i get that after games and i instantly ignore them because they are selfish stupid and not a teamplayer.

2 Likes

I think you’ve completely missed the point of OQ.

If you go in to OQ frustrated that people don’t play 2-2-2, then I hate to break it to you but you’re the problem.

1 Like

OQ is a very weird place.

Especially funny when players get inflated SR/rank and tell everyone that is their rank. That makes me chuckle.

1 Like

I’m frustrated that people are not playing accordingly to the ennemy team composition. That they refuse to switch. That they don’t have any game sense. That no matter how hard you carry (average of 40 elims per game, 20k damage or 20k healing) you still loose because you’re not having a second support or you just have 3 useless hitscan against a pharah

Blizzard have said most players (80%) only play about 2 heroes and don’t swap. (This is why they are moving away from having heroes who hard counter things).

Obviously in an ideal world we’d all be flexible and such. But it isn’t the case. Maybe it is better not to expect such behaviour. It might do you good.

But you still play that game mode. Meaning the other game modes are worse. Your argument is invalid.
You just like to complain and that is ok, that is why the forums are made for.

2 Likes

I played OC so my team can be spawncamped by the enemy level 26 doomfist

Yeah I just wanted to complain because I was really unwell lmao. Needed to let that go out of my system. Today I played again and got 100 sr back. All about the mindset :wink: