Overwatch 2 account is "locked" in BattleNet app

Hello there, I am also experiencing the same difficulty as the people here. Where there is no steps in how to unlock my account at all. It is very frustrating. I will be checking this forum often to view updates, hopefully this issue will be resolved quickly

1 Like

submit a ticket to support and wait as long as it takes, they should reply after some time

P.S. I am waiting for 72 hours already…

2 Likes

Very happy there is direct response about this issue from Blizzard here. I just found this thread while looking for more solutions.

So right now, our main problem is we have no way to verify. The game simply doesn’t pop up any links/QR codes or the like to any links to verify ourselves. We press Play and we’re told account is locked. We’re pretty much stuck.

I’m currently at work and I will try some methods posted here when I get home but I think I already tried them all.

1 Like

This is the type of verification screen we were supposed to receive in order to verify ourselves and enter the game(i collected it from a streamers old lock issue im not sure) :

To verify your account security we will sned a code to your attached phone number. This will open a browser in another window to complete this step
then you either enter code or scan the qr and get verified.

but I think this is what we’re getting instead :
(Steam- click to play - accountlocked)
(BLauncher- account locked - login - repeat login)

2 Likes

Yea, I actually had this locked issue a few months ago on console. The console link didn’t work but I managed to verify on Steam no problem. But now, I can’t verify across every single available platform. Actually, I’m going to try to check on Switch after work. Might as well try.

UPDATE:

I got answered via CustomerSupport and they removed my phone number from account. Now when I click PLAY in BattleNet to start Overwatch2 I see a QR-code for attaching my number (which should unlock my acc as they said in answer)

BUT

I don’t get SMS from them to verify it so GG lmao. Steps from article https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000015887 weren`t helpful (nothing changes after trying - 0 still, no SMS).

SO

I prolonged my ticket via “I still have a problem”, when it will be answered I’ll try to post updates here again. So if any of you guys didn’t try to remove ur phone from account (can be easily done from Account Settings - Phone number: https://account.battle.net/details ) and launch game, so u can add it back in-game - try this, maybe for some of you it will help

UPDATE v2.0:

Tried another SIM, from another provider (my older one), it wasn`t working in the morning, but now it did - number attached - verification passed. Also down below are 2 more possible solutions from NA forums (where this forum was linked):

1. Banned midgame, unknown reason and received no email. help! - #62 by Sorcerer-22917 - Technical Support - Overwatch Forums

2. Banned midgame, unknown reason and received no email. help! - #60 by Radiantialns-1955 - Technical Support - Overwatch Forums

UPDATE v3.0
Customer support employee said that it had been solved already: (yippeeeee)

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. Maybe I’ll try this after work. I am not sure why our Authenticator is not involved with this entire process. I thought that was what it was for in the first place.

1 Like

true actually, just entering 2FA code would be so much easier for players and should put less tickets on support

1 Like

Totally, just approving permissions with it would save us so much time and frustration. I shared your post with the NA forum. Maybe someone there can get it to work with the method you mentioned.

Edit: CSR just posted in the NA forum and acknowledged this. They are investigating.

3 Likes

You are S-tier chatter haha, thx for link I’ll try to duplicate their answer here also from that forum, anyway I am waiting for ticket answer already (even if it won’t help). But if you can do it before me - feel free to do so, so we can mark it as “Solution” and help other players

upd:

New update came from Customer Support on the NA forum:

1 Like

Can confirm that the QR code verification worked for me. I am able to play again. Thanks to all who helped get attention to this issue. Goodluck everyone and have a great weekend.

1 Like

Hey guys, so I completely removed my phone number about 5 hours ago, left the pc for a bit and now i am unlocked, IDK if these are linked but that solved the issue for me

1 Like

there is an edited post of mine marked as “Solution” above, with several fixes/links that helped people with the problem

1 Like