Overwatch 2 account is "locked" in BattleNet app

I can’t login into my Overwatch 2 account because it says “Account locked” in the BattleNet app. When I am opening the game I don’t see any messages to scan a qr code or verify that this is me via SMS (I had this issue already a month ago) when I try to login, I just see fields for entering credentials and after filling them - nothing happens… as an endless loop…
I tried reseting password several times, but that didn’t help. I even tried to download game via Steam, but that also was useless. I never used slurs, cheats, etc… I have level 5 endorsment…
My support tickets are ignored for both EU and Americas regions for more then 2 days already, does anyone knows what can I do?

1 Like

2 options…

1. Wait for a response (no idea how long that takes these days)

2. Submit more tickets (this will most likely result in them taking longer to respond as it’ll keep pushing you down the list).

Did you buy any change log in to play on another machine? Or from another location?

No, I am using same PC in the same city. I am from Ukraine, so I can`t even physically leave country cos of war. Also never used VPN etc. I even called my provider, he said that everything is fine and IP adress was the same

Fingers crossed it’s quickly resolved. Just wanted to rule out the other option as it seems they’ve been on a run of locking accounts for it.

Stay safe!

1 Like

thanks for your feedback man!

Take care!

1 Like

hey PXL theres a thread on the US forums with lots of other players affected by the same bugged ban wave https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/banned-midgame-unknown-reason-and-received-no-email-help/885344

no results yet

ye, I read all the related articles and forums and have 3 US tikets and 3 for EU, but they are being ignored for more then 24hours.

Thanks for feedback

1 Like

Hi I recently received the same issue. On the bnet app, it says “account locked” underneath the play button. I click on it and I go to the “banned or suspended” page. I did not receive any email or notification and I also reached out via support ticket (about a day ago). I still have not heard back yet and am worried what will happen to my account. Anyone have any advice?

this game just wants to be ass, even tho its fun same problem for no reason.

Hi, I’m currently dealing with almost the same problem, In my case nothing more appears on the screen aside from “Yourr Overwatch Account its locked” did you manage to solve it? If the answer is yes, what did you do to fix it?

1 Like

I have the exact same issue even posted it here:

what if I have the same thing, but my tickets are ignored or answered with articles that I always read before texting to support?

Same problem here. I put in a ticket and it just wasnt on the “my ticket” tab so I had to put in another

I did the same as you and, yep, no response or my ticket doesn’t show at all, I think we’ll just have to wait but this certainly sucks.

on the US forums we have a large thread with a lot of players affected

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/banned-midgame-unknown-reason-and-received-no-email-help/885344

Same issue here. No email or notification. I’m 34, 3 kids, and I play strictly unranked after putting them to bed. No code of conduct violations here. Never voice chat, always endorsing players. Just a wholesome dad gamer. Would be great if you could undo what seems to be a mistake. I’ve been a Blizzard customer since Warcraft II. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi all,

First off please note that an account being locked is not the same as being banned or suspended.

Normally, account locks is something you can resolve on your own by performing some extra verification steps, as described here:

That said, we’re currently investigating an issue where the process to unlock accounts isn’t always working as it should, which it looks like most reports here are about.

We don’t have any further details at the moment, but if you haven’t already I’d recommend trying the steps from here, and see if you can complete the verification on your own:

If that still doesn’t work, you’ll need to contact us direct in a ticket, which it sounds like many of you have already.

Please note that we’re dealing with a large amount of tickets currently though and responses may be delayed. I’d ask that you do not submit multiple tickets or in multiple regions though, as that will only cause further delays in getting assistance to those who need it.

I understand it’s frustrating to wait though and rest assured we’re doing everything we can to make sure players are able to unlock accounts themselves where it should be possible, as well as helping those who cannot.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback!

1st article)
In my issue I don’t even see the verification when I open game via “Play” in the BattleNet app, so I can’t physically reach verification page

2nd article)
I had this issue in the past, but nothing mentioned there helped me, so I created a ticked which helped me in result (they removed my phone, authenticator and sent me a link for password reset)

So, I tried all the steps above, even changed my password several times by myself - nothing helped me. Hope someone will answer to my 2 days old tickets and solve this issue before upcoming event.

Thanks again for the feedback, take care!

Unfortunately both steps doesn’t help, it’s clear to me after days from me and everyone with this problem trying to do those steps, that the problem isn’t something that we players can resolve by ourselves, is something wrong with the game/battlenet.

I think it’s good to say that this problem is only affecting the overwatch account, i have diablo immortal installed via battlenet and it works as normal, only overwatch is ‘‘locked’’

1 Like

Well, it seems like waiting for a 2 days old tickets response (as I do) is our only way to go, because “we’re dealing with a large amount of tickets currently though and responses may be delayed” as @Tyrskorn said above.

But still, it is weird that only Overwatch2 accounts are affected…

2 Likes