Overwatch 2 crashing in graphics driver

Hi,
So recently whenever I try playing some Overwatch 2 it will freeze and I get a little pop up saying: “Overwatch has crashed in your graphics driver”. It only started happening a couple days ago after I updated overwatch. I tried searching for a way to fix it but nothing would work. I tried updating my driver but I already have the most recent one, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Overwatch but that didnt help. I also ran a scan and repair in battle.net but it said everything was okay. If there is a way to solve this please tell me as I can’t play overwatch at all because of this problem.

Error Code: BLZOWCLI00000004

Hey there,

So that error could mean a number of things. Without more information about the system though, I will be pretty general in troubleshooting steps.

Typically Windows is kept up to date automatically but there are many occasions where you may need to manually run Windows Update. In those cases you can go into Windows Update under settings or control panel and check for updates. If you are unable to check through Windows update, check out the FAQ here: Windows Update: FAQ - Microsoft Support

We want to make sure we have all driver updates as well. GPU, Network, Audio, Motherboard/system. All are important. If this is a prebuilt it is best to check with the system builder for updates, if this is custom built is is best to go to the makers of the system board and/or GPU for any potential updates.

We will want to run the repair tool on the game client: Blizzard Support - Repairing Battle.net Games

Try running your system in selective startup mode: Blizzard Support - Closing Background Applications

Create a new administrator account: Blizzard Support - Creating a New Administrator Account

Once the account is created, shut down the computer, wait 60 seconds, restart, log into the new profile and try the app/client.

If that doesn’t solve the issue, then I recommend submitting a ticket with an msinfo attached for further investigation. (instructions for collecting that msinfo report will be on the form.)

Click your name at the top right of this page, click support, click contact support.