Overwatch 2 doesn't make notifications when Minimized

Overwatch 2 no longer gives me a notification when entering a game if it’s minimized. Overwatch never had this problem, and it started recently on Overwatch 2. It’s annoying because I’ll bring the game back up, and I am already suspended because the game started and idled me out. There are 0 sounds occasionally, and the icon never blinks even when there is a sound notification.

2 Likes

Why would you minimize a game while queueing?

If you’re surfing the web, you can just have a windowed browser on top of it so you can see when you’re in a game.
Also depending on the mode and role you queue for, you can end up in a game in less than a minute.

Or you can browse stuff with your phone instead and have no issues.

1 Like

When you alt-tab, the game minimizes. You can’t put a fullscreen ontop another fullscreen and watch both.

Then don’t fullscreen your browser?

You can also surf on your phone and avoid the entire problem. I tend to use my phone, but my sibling just opens a browser window.

So i ask again, why would anyone minimize a game that they’re actively trying to play? Just seems counter productive to me.

And you’re not the only one who does so.

It’s really annoying to start a match by waiting for a backfill just because someone was afk while queueing. Especially on defence turns where the first fight could end up being one of the most important ones, and you’re forced to basically miss it entirely unless the enemy really fumbles it.

Windowed mode has lower performance than fullscreen not to mention windows resolution <> game resolution. The game music still plays when minimized, only the match start is muted… in fact… it sometimes works and other times doesn’t. So how about the game just function like it did before rather than telling us to use our phones.

You can still have the game full screened if your browser is windowed. Works perfectly fine like that with both on the screen at the same time. With full resolution on the game.

I can’t affect the game itself. I can only give people ideas on how to multitask during queueing time, without getting leaver penalties due to not noticing that the match starts.

I don’t think you understand the problem, or you are not experiencing it yourself. Alt-tab minimizes the game and having a browser “windowed” makes no difference. It doesn’t matter what you are doin on your desktop, the game itself will sometimes not notify the player when a match is found. This was never a problem months ago.

1 Like

Try the windows button. It opens your task bar and you can open a browser window on top of the game.

You can see the game on the edge of your screen and won’t miss a single match.

Windows button minimizes the game, doublecheck your graphics settings and make sure you are set to “fullscreen.” Because it sounds like you are playing on “borderless windowed.”

I am playing full screen, and so is my sibling.

I don’t understand what windows settings we have different, because my windows button doesn’t minimize anything. It opens the taskbar and start menu on top of what ever i have open.

Just had this as well. I was queuing for a game. I have headphones on, usually youd get the sound change when a match was found, and the game starting sound happen to tell me a game was found. until recently and I just got a match ban due to this bug.

2 Likes

I just got suspended for the second time. It makes no sound now when I alt-tab away to read news while I wait for a match to be found. I always used to hear the sound and would alt-tab back right away. Now it doesn’t even start loading the game until I go back to OW, and then when it joins it says I was kicked out for not being there. This is annoying enough that I might uninstall after playing OW for years.

1 Like

just a questtion is everyone that is having this problem running the game in HDR?