Overwatch 2 Explained: Battle Pass, Shop, Hero Unlocks, and more

Overwatch 2 Explained: Battle Pass, Shop, Hero Unlocks, and more

Overwatch 2 releases October 4th and will usher in a new era for the game.

View Full Article

2 Likes

While it says most challenges in VS AI mode are disabled, will some challenges indeed be possible to complete in VS AI? Heck, is it possible to do the BP via PvE means like VS AI and PvE arcade experiences?

I do have two questions.

1.- How are we going to get the event skins? this new halloween ones?, if you plan to make the event skins to appear in the store as a bundle you will kill the events, since you won’t get the skins by just playing.

2.- What will happen with the coin currency we have now in OW1? it will be delete? or is a second currency?.

I do think the free battle pass is a joke, 2 skins, when before that you can play the whole month in a half and get more in the lootboxes, i understand you need to keep the live service, but if you are going to give only 2 skins, at least make it a way you can pick between more heroes, for this particular season, is a waste of time if someone doesn´t play Winston or Mai, why would they play all the way of the battle pass for skins they won´t use, i´m sure you can make a way to choose 2 skins but for more heroes not just 2 you won´t use.

1 Like

I understand season 1, but beyond that, when season 2 arrives can I just pay $10 for whatever new content there is, and that’s it? So $10 every 9 weeks in effect. Or is that wrong?

It is indeed $10 every 9ish weeks for the premium battle pass.

You still need to play to get the fancy stuff.

And in that, you’ll earn enough coins to buy passes too, so you won’t be spending anywhere near $10 every 9 weeks if you play. May only be 3 times a year you need to pay.

Apart from the battlepass there will be a rotating cosmetic shop with bundles. So if you REALLY want to have everything it’s gonna be a lot more expensive than 10$ the season. Now you will have to focus on the stuff you really like and let go the rotating bundles.

If you put that much value on cosmetic items, you should have to pay. So no issue with that