Overwatch 2 is a cheap knock off

It’s clear after watching my son play (because I can’t play for a year due to account linking lockout 365 day cooldown) that OW2 is nothing but an inferior version of OW, changed to enable skin purchases.

Its the most lazy cash grab the gaming industry has ever dreamed up.

I mean people used rip on COD for reusing assets from previous titles, like burned out cars and structures.

They basically kicked us all off OW, rebooted the servers, made it worse, changed the pricing model then say “tada, OW2!”

Feels dirty :person_facepalming:

1 Like

Yeah. As much as I personally prefer the game now they shouldn’t have released it until the PvE was ready because as it stands this game removed more than it added.

1 Like

live service game was dying, switches to f2p model, pricing on things changes, people are now mad they have to buy things that used to be free but had to pay to get the game that nobody else has to do now.

ooooh i’m so shocked.

3 Likes

It is not so simple as you think it is.

Problem is that OW1 charged you for the game and the microtrans,had both.
That right there is the problem,when you add the cost of the game then they charge you for in game items like cosmetics.
Shouldn’t be like that,you either:

-Sell a game where you can get EVERYTHING if you are skilled and dedicate enough time
or
-Go FTP and charge money for everything.

Same goes for mmos,i find it insulting that i already bought the game,pay my monthly sub and then they have the nerve to put items for sale in the shop.

Only ones skill,dedication and time spent in the game should dictate what you can achieve in game.

P.S: This shouldn’t be called OW2 more like OW 1.5

1 Like

So many things wrong with your statement that I’m not going to even bother breaking them down, I’d be here all night :person_facepalming:

2 Likes

doesn’t bother to refute them, sounds legit.

you didn’t need to use the microtransactions because you could just play the game and get free currency and it wasn’t even hard to get.
and if you don’t got time you probably working and if you’re working you got money so it’s a choice.

in OW2 you don’t have that choice because you have to get the battlepass to even be able to get everything if you even do grind it out and most of it is unrealistic so if you want to get everything it’s gonna cost a whole lot more.
it changed to a whale economy which is the basic f2p model.

it does, your skill at the game dictates how well you do, cosmetics aren’t a reflection of your skill just your taste.

It is not a whale economy .you can still unlock new hero at lvl 55 by not paying anything for battle pass .
Cosmetics are optional and in no way affect your gameplay .

no i meant cosmetically, it’s not hard to unlock the rest of the characters, it’s just a beginner system.
however ramattra being a battlepass only character from the get go seems fishy you have to agree, especially when he seems pretty busted.

Which is precisely why they changed it.

Yes but you can unlock it for free at lvl 55 next battle pass if you go free route of battle pass