Overwatch 2 is a thing now

So Overwatch 2 is a thing now. Opinions?

They Basticly did the same thing as Titanfall
Titanfall 1 no stroy just pvp
Titanfall 2 added story

Mercy has a slightly different haircut.

3 Likes

You don’t like it???

Jeff started off not knowing wtf should he say and even this transfer of rank and skins is not clear so how will it work? Will someone who already has accounts gets snapshotted at the level when he starts playing OW2 and from that point the 2 stats are separated or will overwatch2 share all the stats and skins with 1 or no connection between them at all?

Fancy graphics doesn’t mean better gameplay, hopefully it won’t require an RTX2080 right off the bat.

Funny how Jeff addressed one of the most discussed concerns with Overwatch 2 so well. Makes you wonder if the leak is truly a leak.
Anyway :grinning:

The burning question is how deep is the pve? I’m excited about the news but from the little information we saw it’s quite shallow. Certainly not Destiny2 kind of pve, far from it.
I guess we need to wait a bit to get more information on the exact distinction between OW and OW2. Are the new heroes in OW2 playable in OW? Are those new heroes PVE only?
Right now I’m wondering if they even still want to develop OW1.

2 Likes

If we don’t get a new hero during Blizzcon, I think they’ll keep development on OW1 to a minimum. Otherwise, I think new heroes will be added OW1 while OW2 is being developed, although I can’t see that happening.

The reason why I’m wondering is because there seems to be a lot of overlap between OW1 and OW2. Feels almost like they push everyone towards OW2 while they still allow you to stay in OW1, with all its limitations which might only grow over time.

If they do keep developing OW1 then it shows they ultimately consider OW2 as a separate game. But at this point they kind of hint it’s the same game?

I think they’ll stop major development on OW1 once OW2 comes out. Since you’ll be able to transfer your skins, Money, Hopefully OWL points, Level and Rank over to OW2, it seems like a no brainier that they’ll just make OW2 a better OW.

Although I hope they don’t make a whole new forum for it

It is clearly using the same engine, but I expect they’ll update the graphic shaders, and they’re reusing the same skins and assets, but I think that’s a good thing. If they started from scratch, they’d have to take another 4 years to get back to the point where we’re already at. With this bed rock of assets already created, they can now focus more on adding new content.

So ya, OW2 will just be a better OW, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing.

I feel like they should have maybe called it something different, like “Overwatch Chapter 2” or something, so it gives less of an impression that it’s a straight sequel and more of an expansion, which it clearly kind of is. That’s maybe a failure of marketing.

I’m a bit old school, but Blizz for me have always made brilliant expansions.
Imagine Warcraft III without Frozen Throne?
Diablo 2 without Lord of Destruction?

You do realise if they called it OW chapter 2 all the 2 year olds would spam “OVERWATCH COPIED FORTNITE” literally everywhere?

2 Likes

Haha, okay fair enough. I don’t know much about fortnite so that was a coincidence, but yea I’m sure people might compare it, as if the term “chapter 2” is copyrighted. :yum:

That new graphic engine update will support the 32:9 screen ratio?

Fortnite is a braindead garbage for 9 yo kids, don’t even try to compare that to ow. OW2 should be an expansion pack for ow which provides you with new game modes but in the meantime keeping your stats in 1-2 in perfect sync just like you would be playing on EU, US your stats are the same.

I think most fans will buy OW2 and since I see no reason why would it be worse than the 1 they will switch over. After 1 year of the release of OW2, OW1s playerbase will be cut in half so you can enjoy even longer DPS queues :smiley:

I don’t know how blizz coming up with assumptions that the player base wants PvE, that is for nannies, sissies and other fartsmellers. You want PVE? You got it already it’s a game mode called AI, a game mode I never even clicked at.

1 Like

From what I’ve seen it looks like a cleaner version of the current game, new interface, higher polygon count heroes, etc.

I was hoping more more pvp news and improvements/

Seems it is, but its like 6 months+ away. The hero should be Echo but theres nothing else to play and the hero is not there? :thinking:

Just saw the gameplay trailer and the cinematic one. Skins and progress will carry over to OW2 which is good but is this a new stand alone game or will it be like an upgrade to your original OW account and just buy it through battle.net?

Im definitely gonna have more fun in a PvE than in Overwatch 1 who is just a joke of a PvP without a good balance team and terrible playerbase.

I can’t wait for them to do nothing that people have asked for. No amount of new paint will make the balance less bad.

Going to give it a pass. Didn’t show anything that would interest me, and in fairness I don’t think it ever could. PVE content doesn’t interest me, skill progression doesn’t interest me. Cinematics were cheesy as hell and only repulse me. Whats left? Nothing.

The biggest thing that OW2 might bring is pulling casuals away from OW1 so I have less of them in my teams. Thats the only positive I can think of.

1 Like