Overwatch 2 on Mac?

I think you mean MacBook screens which would be correct.

But you can plug in any screen you want.

I have my MacBook plugged in to a 24" 4K monitor.

The Mac mini doesn’t come with a screen so you can save some money if you already have a mouse and keyboard and screen and it would be a decent low profile and compact machine for gaming.

£720 to get the 16GB RAM version refurbished but Apple refurbished is like new.

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/G16K1B/A/refurbished-mac-mini-apple-m2-chip-with-8%E2%80%91core-cpu-and-10%E2%80%91core-gpu?fnode=752d94317f395380b691ec32dd19155de3ea822a20bbb924ff01fabd457f5c7266d22165330518b80213a6c04a82bbf8087c63e6b4efe96dc516f810270fd7a341d9a946c2e640cfbb562f717089248a

1 Like

Honestly, that’s not a bad price. Would probably still just pay more for a better pc though. But I can see why someone would consider it.

Wrong but ok. Stop with the harassment, you have been warned repeatedly and suspended for this.

What laptop would you recommend for a game such as OW? Could do with a new one.

I wouldn’t “recommend” any laptop for gaming.

Some out there can do a job, but laptops aren’t as good. They are, like consoles, always a compromise.

Good job I didn’t ask you then.

You’d be better off building something yourself. At least then it will suit your needs.

Oh cool. Seems my information is outdated then

The size of the screen was also irrelevant to the conversation. I was talking about frames per second.

Even a small screen with plenty of fps will be better for gaming than a big one with low frames. I spent 5 years playing ow on a laptop and it was perfectly fine to play.

It was actually easier to keep on top of possible flankers that i glimpsed at the corner of my screen since the corners were closer.

Also, i’m still only Hieiko. Please stop saying i’m someone that i’m not with the purpose to undermine my credibility as that is harrassment and attempted defamation (It’s no secret that you dislike rodimus after all).

I’d get this if you want Windows:

https://www.hp.com/gb-en/shop/product.aspx?id=6w7h5ea&opt=abu&sel=ntb&f=0&utm_source=affiliate&utm_medium=cpa&utm_campaign=digidip%20UK

Or I’d get a machine with a 4060.

Personally I can’t stand Windows laptops because of fan noise.

It’s why I moved to a Mac. They’re built better as well.

1 Like

Nice one mate. A lot of money off that too!

Actually I think I found a better one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09XTQG36T?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=pepperugc03-21&ascsubtag=2525716453

A 4060 laptop for £900 seems like a pretty good deal.

So you get DLSS 3 which hopefully Overwatch could support in the future.

But only 15 of them in stock left at the moment.

1 Like

Great point xaero.

The Mac mini is great.

Are you thinking about getting the M2 model?

I’d get the M2 Pro model if it came down in price to <1K.

Oh and we just got a No Man’s Sky port for Mac!

:partying_face:

Sadly it isn’t…

Not yet anyway…

But that might all be about to change…

Apple just changed the game forever!

We got some insane announcements at the WWDC but the one that stuck out to me was this new development tool…

Apple’s “Game Porting Kit” could make it a breeze to port games like Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4…

It was claimed that it could reduce the amount of time needed from several months to just weeks!

Even more exciting still was the demonstration of a new DX12 “emulation” layer…

Only potential roadblock for all of this to pay dividends is the Microsoft merger…

Will Blizzard get on board with these incredible new developments?!

:smirk_cat:

1 Like

They absolutely can considering that they can run No Man’s Sky at 60 FPS Ultra settings even on the base MacBook Air with M1 which is completely fanless…

BTW you can add me on Discord: geforcenow

1 Like