[Overwatch 2] The HUGE problem with leavers

I’d like to know if the problem with leavers will be fixed in OW2?
That would heavily influence my dicision if i still want to play the game or not.
I’ve had like 6 games in the past 3 days with leavers in them and i just don’t see any logic to why i’m FORCED to lose SR just because some person (that i don’t even know) left the game. It’s just insanely unfair. And please don’t tell me that the enemies have leavers too and that it is 50-50, to me it’s clearly NOT 50-50, more like 20-80, i’ve lost like 800 sr from just leavers.

Lower the amount of SR lost or just remove it (And i don’t care that people will abuse the system, if they do - Ban them). I don’t see why i’m the one who has to suffer just because othes can’t behave.

1 Like

You still lost though.

Also, your MMR isn’t impacted when there is a leaver, so if you do lose, your next won games (if you perform consistently) will be bigger SR gains to compensate.

You are basically not impacted by leavers, other than understandable annoyance.

But your last sentence sums up why the forums are not a good place for improvement ideas

but that’s not true? I just had a match where a person left in the beginning of the match (I know that there is a little time window where the match will be cancelled, but that wasn’t the case) so i lost 25 SR.

FOR NOTHING! I did NOT lose the match.

That’s SR. Not MMR.

We all know you lose SR when you lose a game. MMR is what’s used to determine how much you gain or lose.

i agree m8. it does happen a lot and we get punished for it.

You don’t get “punished” for it. That’s ridiculous.

You lost the game. You don’t lose MMR though so the adjustments will boost you back.

If you’ve been winning, you wouldn’t be dropping.

yeah its not fair how you lose so many points that wasnt your problem. 200 is a lot of points!

Are you blind or something?.. I’ve been winning those games UNTIL people left for some goddamn reason.

They aren’t my family members or friends, why should i lose game just because some stranger decided to leave the match? It’s dumb

1 Like

Then your MMR isn’t impact and when you win you will have slightly bigger gains than when you lose.

I understand leavers are annoying. But there is no reason to get upset about it. Your next game should be fractionally easier so you should be able to win it.

i know whos replying to you, its a guy that doesnt care for sr which is your entire point. ignore him

?

I am telling him how it works. Caring about SR is between you and yourself.