Overwatch Account Locked

Hoping this gets seen, my overwatch account was locked shortly after purchasing 2 skins from the store. there is no email from support stating why my account was locked, or anything regarding suspicious activity. i have also verified my account using 2factor authentication. i had opened a previous ticket and the only response i got was basically “Here is the code of conduct” not sure what this is alluding to… i have never been a toxic player. i dont even have my mic or game chat enabled, just to avoid the toxicity. i have also reset my password just to be safe. Feels like blizzard just took my money, then booted me…

4 Likes

I found something on the faq on locked accounts, i posted it into another locked account thread.

It sounds like there’s been some kind of purge on accounts, but i can’t really see the point of locking accounts instead of banning if this is a banwave or something.

One of the reasons this could have happened is connecting to your account from a new location, but that’s basically the only thing that faq says about a reason.

1 Like

Yeah i went through the FAQ but i have no emails from Blizzard, nothing in spam. ive already reset my password, and not sure how a ban wave would effect me, my only guess is maybe having Riots vanguard active while playing overwatch might have flagged my account for some reason?

same problem, since yesterday some people are with this problem… no idea what to do either, already changed everything about secure methods, nothing works, and they don’t have humans giving valid responses on their support by tickets…

Right? just a very generic automated response. hopefully they can actually take a look into this soon…

linking this page from the US forums, it;s happened to some of us as well

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/banned-midgame-unknown-reason-and-received-no-email-help/885344

Thanks i am NA idk how my post ended up on EU, appreciate you linking the other forum.
i submitted an appeal and just got some crappy “Here is the code of conduct” reponse

1 Like

submit a response to the response and pray we get a human on the line to look into the issue deeper

1 Like

Hello GotDink

Please note that we can’t review or discuss account locks from the forums, as these cases involve private information.

I see you already opened a ticket, so please be patient and wait for a support agent to review it. Note that opening several tickets at the same time won’t speed up the response, so one is enough.

2 Likes