Overwatch - removed for inactivity while not having joined the game

I opened an arcade game (I think random hero 6er stack mode). The junkertown screen opened and after a few seconds it closed and the volksaya screen opened (which I already thought was weird) Pretty much right after that a 6 second timer for inactivity opened, while I was still shown the loading screen for the map (Didn’t even see the hero select screen yet). I was then kicked for inactivity.

I have a screenshot, but can’t find a menu option to append it, so you’ll have to use your imagination.

Hello Neuron,

Usually, when you get kicked out for inactivity while loading the map it’s due to either a performance problem, or a connection issue.

There are several things you can try. First of all, make sure your computer meets minimum requirements; this is important, since if the computer lacks resources, it will take longer to load the games.

Make sure both your operative system and drivers are up to date:
battle.net/support/article/31024

Reset Overwatch settings to default:
battle.net/support/article/126203

Close background applications to make sure there’s no other program interfering with the game:
battle.net/support/article/23848

Check this article and make sure you follow all the instructions, including the advanced steps. This is to make sure your connection is working properly:
battle.net/support/article/99037

As for the map loading screen changing, it could be due that you were entering the game when it was about to finish, so you got into it just in time for the map swap.

Got feedback about the support I’m providing? Leave your comments here!

Thanks, but I don’t need a fix. I just wanted to report the bug

I agree to what Delmoryth said and would highly recommend going through the steps he linked in his initial response. However, in my opinion it does seem a bit odd though that the inactivity timer appeared straight away — and not after a short delay — after the map has been swapped. If this continues to occur after you’ve gone through Delmoryth’s steps, then this may in fact be a bug. In that case, you’ll want to report it in the official Bug Report forum. Thank you! :sunglasses:

Pachimari

Usually this isn’t a bug but a performance/connection issue, specially if it happens more than once.

If it only happened that time and you feel it is a bug, as Pachimari mentioned, you would have to report it through the Bug Report Forum. Keep in mind the Technical Support Forum is aimed towards support with technical issues; installation, crashes, connection issues, performance, etc. We can’t investigate bug reports, unfortunately.

Got feedback about the support I’m providing? Leave your comments here!

Popping in to say I’ve had a similar issue a couple of times, and today I got a screenshot showing the timer down to 4 seconds while still on the loading screen, telling me to engage in combat outside of a spawn room. I get that you might not want to delay the timer for swapping in a new player just because one player is having network or performance issues, but can you at least change the UI to not make it look like it’s the player’s fault for not leaving a room they physically cannot leave?