Overwatch takes forever to load models

I’ve been having an issue over the past week or so that has been making the game really frustrating. It feels like every aspect of the game is simply taking way too long to load in.

1-For starters, actually logging in to the game and connecting to the server is taking longer than usual (~1 minute).

2-Then, the menu screen takes a long time to display the background and hero (~1-2 minute).

3-It takes longer than usual for models to appear in the hero gallery (~30 seconds).

These aren’t huge issues on their own, but the main problem comes when actual gameplay is involved. It takes longer than usual to connect to a game, I get stuck on the map loading screen.

If I actually manage to connect to a game, things only get worse from there. At first, everything but the map itself is invisible. No first-person models for me, my entire team is invisible, the entire enemy team is invisible. All projectiles and other hero effects are invisible.

The first thing to come is the audio (~30 seconds), followed shortly by my first-person models (~1 minute). However, by this point setup time is usually over and the match has started. It’s usually 2-5 minutes before the models of my team and the enemy team load in, which puts me at a huge disadvantage, as you can imagine.

Once everything loads in, things are fine for all subsequent matches. Still, having a broken first match every time I play really isn’t fun.

The problem is solely with Overwatch. All other games I have run absolutely fine. I could run the game with zero problems before the issue started, and haven’t made any changes to my PC that I’m aware of.

I’m running on a Windows 10 , with an Intel i5 processor, RX 570 video card and 8 GB of RAM.
the game installed on a WD green SSD.

Things I’ve tried so far, to no avail:

1-Scan and repair Overwatch

2-Updating my graphics drivers

3-Leaving the game on the main menu for a while before attempting to load into a game

4-Entering the practice range for a while before attempting to load into a game

5-uninstalling and reinstalling the game

6-Replacing my hard drive, knowing that I have no problem with my hard drive.

I haven’t yet tried redownloading the game because my internet is slow and it would take a really long time. I plan to as a last resort but I really hope someone can help me out with a simpler solution here before I resort to that. Thanks in advance.

And this an in game video shown everything I have talked about, sorry for bad quality:

~https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZmkFh-2LcUr5BNEADY82yeLf74gaSzhH/view?usp=sharing~

1 Like

This is usually caused by another program causing issues with the game. I would recommend you try:

I have the same issue, I mean exactly the same, especially for OW2.

1 Like

Is it fixed for u if yes then how