OW2 Beta PS5 Login error

On PS5 when launching the OW2 beta and trying to connect, I keep getting an error message:
login error
Failed to connect to game server. Please try again later.
Any suggestions or fixes?

3 Likes

I have the same problem. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling, just waiting, restarting the console. Nothing works. It gets to the Searching for Server part then the Login Error message shows up. PS4 players seem to be fine, but PS5 doesn’t work.

Edit: Seems like it’s an issue with the PS5 version of the beta. PS4 version of it doesn’t have the login error.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Would have liked to play the PS5 version. Also unfortunately I am not able to even download/install the PS4 version of the OW2 beta on PS5. :confused:

If you have the mobile app you can find it on there. If you search for Overwatch on there then go to the more option you can find the PS4 version at the bottom. I have it downloaded but losing connection to the server so I’m guessing servers are being a little overloaded atm

2 Likes

I’m on ps4 and it also doesn’t work

It’s a different issue with the PS4 version. PS5 wouldn’t even let you login while PS4 is a server issue. My guess is the servers are being overloaded so they aren’t working

Exact same issue here

same thing here
i dont understand why

yeah still doesnt work as of right now, hopefully they fix the issue tomorrow

PS4 version of the beta now works for me on PS5… was a bit tricky to download (via the PS app on my phone - thanks to Vega who pointed this out)
However: what is the point in publishing a zombie PS5 version of the beta?