Path normalization failed"with logs"

Hello…
I used to play ow on my Acer e 5 laptop and everything was fine untill i upgraded my ram from 4 to 8gb to improve my fps
The moment i have done that,when i click play it shows me that he entering game after he found the server and slowly the pc renders unresponsive untill i force a hard reset
Or sometimes i do make it past entering game but it freezes me till i go back to the login screen and no matter what button i click the entire pc isnt responsive at all untill i force a hard reset or i click exit game on time
I have scanned ow,checked for memory issues but it was no use
How to fix it

My specs
Acer e5
Intel 6200u
Intel had graphics 520
8 gb of ram (was 4)
here are the ow logs
[8484] [ERR] [bnl] [External(0)] [External()] [2019-09-20T13:01:00.408Z]: PathOps: [20190920T15:01:00] {a4c} ERR: … is the leading path component: /…/.build.info
[8484] [ERR] [bnl] [External(0)] [External()] [2019-09-20T13:01:00.408Z]: PathOps: [20190920T15:01:00] {a4c} ERR: path normalization failed: /…/.build.info

Hey there kjgaming,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re not able to start a match of Overwatch after upgrading the RAM in your laptop. Unfortunately this may be a hardware issue, and could require a local hardware technician to troubleshoot fully.

Before going down that route though, please can you ensure that you have worked through each of the listed suggestions, including the Advanced Troubleshooting section on our Overwatch Lockups and Crash Errors guide.

i have tried these
still gives me same problems
no problems were detected on the new ram stick btw

Greetings kjgaming

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues with the game after upgrading the RAMs.
In order for us to be able to try and see what may be causing your issue, we would need you to provide us with your system files. Just reply back to the thread posting them:

Another step you can do is to try using again the old RAM and see if you notice the same error occurring or not.
If no issues happen using the old RAM, then it must be a hardware problem with your new RAM that is out of our scope of support, as it would require a local IT technician to assist you on this, but if if is a software related issue then the system files might help us see what is going wrong.

Have a great day :slight_smile:

I took out the new ram
And the game was running normally
Which is strange,i brought 3 memory modules and all had the same problem but when i took out the new ram everything is normal again
Thanks