Permaban throwers

but I do in certain instances, when I see a thread full of speculations, wild accusations and cry for harsh unreasonable punishments - posted by a lvl 50 or someone who for some reason wanna hide behind a noob account.

Make that 25+ pls.

Sure but at the same time when you sign up for a “competitive” match it is supposed to be competitive, you can not just bail out of a match as you please and not expect any consequences, for a lot of people it is a “serious” thing.

Ofc this is always the age old dilemma of blizzard not defining the game as “casual” or a real “competitive” game a la faceit ladder. The middle ground really does not work. While permaban for DC/leaving sure is harsh stacking penalties up towards a 1 year in the end is all but fair in my opinion. If you can not bring a stable connection or guarantee you can commit to the time required do not queue up in competitive.

Where in my post did I state otherwise? I’m all in favor for penalties for leavers, specifically for the reason you mention. As I said further in the post you quoted, I want intentional leavers to be punished to the fullest extent.

I think you misunderstood my post. When I mention “middle ground” I’m really not talking about “casual” players who need to leave while they’re playing competitive. I’m talking about unintentional leaving, ie. disconnects and crashes. More about this:

This is where we disagree. You put a lot of faith in Blizzard’s servers, saying that. Disconnecting from the Overwatch servers every now and then does not necessarily mean your internet is bad. I have a stable connection, still I’ve disconnected a few times from the server - haven’t we all? I’ve had a few disconnects before where I got thrown out of the game while my internet connection was still fine, and also some unexplainable crashes. I would be pissed off if I got permabanned because of a few disconnects or crashes out of my control.

There are ways to see how the disconnect happen. You can in most cases reliably see if the disconnect was someone pulling their internet on purpose, compared to degrading performance. And I never talked about perma-banning the first offense, and you can follow if it’s a trend or not.

You are such a troll. You bore me now. You have no clue what you are talking about. But you think you do, because you post your negative posts all over the forums. Not a single one of your posts have been constructive. That is quite a feat. Hope you have fun trolling.

you’re the reason why this community is “toxic”