Permaban throwers

It’s time that Blizzard actually do something about the obscene amount of throwers/leavers in the games. And the bans they provide do nothing.

If you get two actions taken against you, permaban that account from competitive. To play competetive is not a right, you ruin the game for 11 other people.

I really don’t know why Blizzard let this game die, because of this. It is by far the most toxic community in any game. And that includes famously toxic games like LoL.

Let people avoid as many players they want, for as long as they want. It should be up to the players if they want to have longer queues because they have a lot of people on their avoid list.

It would also be delightful if you could choose an age bracket to play with. I am very tired of all the random yelling in voice. So much that sometimes you just have to mute voice completely, something that is sad in a competitive team-game. If you let me at least avoid everyone below 20 years old, that would be delightful.

Since you don’t care about the experience of people, you rather keep players because they spent 20 euro, then at least give us the choice to avoid said players.

Players are leaving the game in droves. Streamers; are only a handful of the big ones left. You have cheaters, and people that actively ruin the game everywhere. When I play, it’s not uncommon to face the exact same players for 4 hours straight. That is the state the community is in. So few people are actually playing. And you - Blizzard - brought this on yourself. Sad for such a fun game.

4 Likes

said a bronze guy with private profile?
I guess you are one of the reasons why people bail from your matches.

Leaving a single numbered amount of times should be unpunished, because the madness of some matches is simply unbearable for normal humans.

Penalties for leavers is an iffy thing, in my opinion. Sure, there should be penalties and they should be quite harsh. But as long as the game has no way of detecting whether the dropout was intentional or not, there should be some middle ground. I don’t want my account to be banned permanently just because of a few random crashes or disconnects.

Then, throwers. What exactly do you define as throwing? In my definition it’s people just switching off and not play the objective anymore, like jumping down a cliff or just emoting to the enemy. Or it’s actively disrupting other people in your team, like a Mei walling off people. Or it’s the toxic guy that switched off main heal because he died a couple of times too much. Those need to be punished to the fullest extent. But in my opinion, an attack Widowmaker or Törbjorn or just a person playing bad is not per definition a thrower.

I do agree we should have more avoid slots, if I play an entire evening I have to keep track of who I avoid, just to be able to decide which player I can un-avoid if I encounter worse.

One last thing: in my experience it’s mostly the 20-25 age bracket who are the most toxic. I work in shifts, so I play both during the day and in the evenings, and in my experience with 14-year olds on voice chat, they are on average far more mature, friendly, and they actually listen to comms without tilting than the older people playing in the evening.

No, just no. If there ever was a way of determining whether leaving the game was intentional or not, I want those leavers punished and punished severely. Right now I’m not in favor of having too severe penalties, just because of random disconnects and crashes.

a whiner on forum is with high probability also a whiner ingame, killing peoples nerves instead of focusing on the match. I’ve seen/heard a plenty of those in comp.

I can agree with that - has nothing to do with leaver punishments though :slight_smile:
Meh, I think they’re fine as it is. Whenever there’s a leaver in my game, who clearly ragequit rather than disconnect, I find some joy again in knowing that he will lose twice as much SR than me.

I’m all in favor of hanging drawing and quartering leavers…

But there is no way to 100% tell if someone janked their internet cord or their ISP screwed up…

So if leavers are punished then they will just pretend they have a crappy internet connection…

Possibly you can statistically analyze play sessions with machine learning to spot likely leavers but not sure is blizzard is researching that possibility and that may still give false positives…

So anyway punishments cant be to harsh… sadly because otherwise i would totally be in favor of bodily mutilation and torture…

maybe the old Norse blood eagle… (the vikings really really knew how to do revenge right)

stop writing about things you caught somewhere on TV but have 0 idea about.

Actually i do know a bit about it.
i’m a professional programmer and i have investigated machine learning for my company for future use…

I’ve trained a few example models and read up on it extensively…
It is kinda hard to get into… Sadly i don’t have a Data science degree which is generally the types of people that really get into this stuff…

But i know the basics… so in short No i actually do know what i am talking about… well not as much as i would like but i am still getting into this stuff…

Haha, are you serious? You are a silver portrait in silver. I think you need to check that head size of yours before talking about things. I can see you all over the forums, being toxic and telling others to get good. Yet you main junkrat with a 53 max kill. Just chill.

Regardless, this post was not about the skill tiers. This was about the penalty for people that are intentionally throwing games.

If you have nothing to say about the actual topic, you are always free to create your own threads, and spread your toxicity in there all by yourself.

yeah I’m an average player, so whats your point? If you’re trying to shut me down, just because I’m not master or whatever, you can f.ck right off.

Once everyone learns what a thrower is, and not just for there hero pick, at least we have replay system now, so we can verify everything, now just a review system for reports anyone can review replay time frame.

You are the one that is using this type of talk the whole time. Are you unaware what sort of person you are? Do you not read what you post?

You are hilarious. YOU were the one that started to talk about skill tiers, as you can see from your own quotes. Use your eyes, and hopefully your brain. You can take your toxic attitude and leave. As I said before it was not about skill tier, it was about how toxic you are on the forums to everyone. Leave, never come back, and everyone is happy.

how about defenestrating them?

throwers get thrown out of a window :stuck_out_tongue:

lol word of the day :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol. Well. Maybe not kill them.

It’s just very frustrating; people jumping off the map. They run alone into the whole enemy team over and over. They run to the other side of the map and hide.

Should be punished. That’s all.

no one said it had to be a very high window… just high enught to maybe break a arm or cripple them for life… am i not merciful? :rofl:

I was referring to your border and low level, i.e. being new to the game and actually having no clue, not the rank.

You assume a lot of things, and for no reason. You could be completely new to the game, but watch streams all the time for example. My main account is lvl 600+ and is mid-plat. This account is new so I can play with some of my low tier friends and flex in the matches with them. But it has no impact on the discussion here.

You can experience how leavers, and throwers ruin the game, with just a few seasons of play. The attitude, and way you have of express yourself is very negative, and makes it hard to even take you seriously. You should really think about that.

and you should consider posting with your main account instead of lvl50, if you wanna be taken seriously. Barely having cracked the basic requirement for comp and starting threads like this looks silly, just saying.

Friend, you should not worry about what level people are. You should care about the topic. And if you can’t manage that, maybe not respond to threads that you clearly don’t want to give any input to? All you do in threads is being toxic, calling people noobs, and being just randomly annoying. Why are you even on the forums?

That’s already a thing 4hed