Ping issues during the evening

So I have had some major issues for a few days now. During the days no issues i play at 50-60 consistent ping no worries. all good. but then for some reason during the evening. Started maybe an hour ago tonight. My ping just goes off the charts. Its inconsistent and high. Jumping between like 100 and 240.
Other games work just fine other than overwatch that is. Speedtest gives everything normal. this lasts for a few hours and then it just starts working again. yesterday this happened at around 11 my time so if it happens today at the same time that would be in 1 hour 40 minutes.

Hey olav,

If it’s only happening during peak hours, it may simply be down to network congestion caused by the heavy use at that time.

You can try checking out the info and troubleshooting steps from here, though if it persists you’ll probably want to get in touch with your service provider:

1 Like

Check it is not your devices on your own network doing updates or streaming videos.

Check it is not your DSLAM (ie the people on your street/suburb using all the bandwidth).
Do a tracert to 8.8.8.8, then grab the first public IP, thats your DSLAM. do ping “IP of DSLAM” -n 9999 and see if theres a spike in ping times. if so its an overcrowed DSLAM, nothing you can do.

Check your ISP gives a decent contention ratio and doesn’t overcrowd thier network, try changing ISP’s as typically the only thing you can do.