Please dont merge ow1 and 2

First off, statistically every single voice on the forum complaining about something means that there are hundred thousands thinking exactly alike. The sample size is just small since most people have stopped writing to the forum at all.

Second, all my OW-playing friends have basically stopped posting and I didn’t intend to write anythong about OW2 either, even though I feel exactly like you do, simply because

1. We have written off Blizzard as lost case and
  2. we’re thinking that OW 2 is trash and will just uninstall and move on if it really replaces OW 1, we’ve all made peace with that so we’re not putting any effort in forum discussion regarding this.
    I just did this though, because I read your posting and thought it might help you to know that actually a lot of people (ALL my OW-playing friends with no exception, including myself!) think like you do.
2 Likes

the ow2 legendary edition pack is £35… the game is going to be a rip off with battlepass system lol

They said last night the premium pass will cost 1000 credits. So it’ll be about £10.

At worst that’s £40 a year. Which isn’t too shabby. And that’s assuming you don’t earn credits leveling the pass.

If you do it could be a single £10 and the rest of the passes for free

Agree, the £35 for the waypoint pack feels a little steep. But you get a fair few bits, including enough credits to buy the next 2 premium passes.

1 Like

People arent buying lootboxes anymore. I dont see how they make any money from overwatch but without updating it it will die, thats whats been happening. And to update a game so many years after launch needs monetization. But you dont need a battlepass to play. Those who pay for it makes sure that overwatch will keep getting new heroes years after this.

This is somehow scummy to you but its the only thing they can do if they dont want a dead game. All other good multiplayer pvp games does this but somehow you dont think its okay when overwatch does it.

1 Like

best of luck to them because I dont see many peeps spending a lot on this. we all know blizzard charge rip off prices

Prices were confirmed last night. Pretty affordable, possibly even “cheap” .

1 Like

I paid for OW1. Jeff Kaplan is stealing it away from us thats my opinion! And worse, Were being deprived the choice to choose. Thats bad… It is arrogant and anti consumer. And personally i do not have issues with Blizzard. But i do now as this is just wrong and immoral.

Taking away a community like that and forcing OW2 on everyone. So if they do not like OW2 guess what Jeff? They got no OW1 to fall back on. Congratulations you couls and might of made a terrible decision here as now massive pressure is on OW2. If OW2 fails there will be no fallback to OW1.

The entire franchise and community could simply die… Thats not impossible so why? It makes no sense just let them co exist until you can coerce people to move and you know it is the right time to close OW1 when everyone stops caring but they dont many have genuine fears and concerns and dislike OW2.

4 Likes

My issue is here, OW2 isn’t much of a change in gameplay. Just less oppressive shields.

But I understand your concerns, but OW needs a massive shot in the arm. OW1 is dead, they need to do something.

5v5 is more popular.
F2P is more appealing to players, especially new ones.
The battlepass and shop model will enable them to increase revenues, whilst also allowing people to play totally free

Yes, some current players are about to dislike it and leave. So be it. This isn’t about them, it’s about attracting more new players.

As for anti consumer… You paid for access to a 6+ year old game. ACCESS. They can take that access away, or change it in any way they like. It’s in the terms of service that you agreed to.

1 Like

I see you everywhere on these forums and so far i think ive agreed to everything you’ve said.

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll disagree with me, or i with you soon enough lol.

I think Mercy’s kit is fundamentally bad for the game and she need reworking or removing? That one usually does it. Haha.

Greetings @Bobmortimer , I am glad I can see your post but I can not agree with it.WoW,BFA,Shadowlands,Legion and others oldes expansions,all of these expansion have their ‘‘hidden treasure’’ (very hard for me to explain you) none of these expansion was fail,mine favorite is actually Shadowlands I start playing WoW 2015 in Legion,Devs that did Shadowlands deserv a crown.About Overwatch,we all will leave Overwatch 1 100% and comes to Overwatch 2.Overwatch 2 will be among top 5 most playeble game when it comes out personally I belive it will be top 1.I seen alot amazing stuffs at Overwatch 2 trought Twitch streamers and I am really happy and excited about Overwatch 2. Aaron Keller did really amazing job glory to him and his team.There will be one more thing but they didnt annoced ,they wanted that to be in secret until Overwatch 2 comes out no one know what is that.

It is not even hype when I saw Overwatch 2, because it looks like exactly same as Overwatch. I wouldnt say it is Overwatch 2 so still Overwatch and they could have added new stuff ingame instead of call that name “Overwatch 2”. I think they are afraid of something new thats why almost no difference between Overwatch and Overwatch 2.

nah dude, WoW had its last peak in legion. both expansions since then has just made the game less than appealing. But in my opinion it went downhill already at wotlk. Still like overwatch though. I think that the comparison doesnt work. You cant compare an mmo to a multiplayer shooter in terms of how to handle new content.

After playing a few games in the beta I realised why I hate quick play and prefer mystery heroes. (Which there is none so far in beta, blizz pls add this game mode to ow2 if you’re gonna replace 1 with it)

The amount of people picking hanzo or widow and refuse to change is bothersome. I was even doing more damage as moira than they were doing (also did more heals than enemy mercy and our own zen)
And the amount of people choosing tanks that don’t help or have shields smh The one tank is imo not working.

The new maps are pretty but so confusing.

Head over to the game browser. People have create it just for you!

1 Like

Ooh thank you Rod for the tip! Will do that tonight :slight_smile:

Let me know if you want to play some games. It’s been awhile!

1 Like

I agree there’s nothing like Overwatch 1, it’s going to be so sad when it’s gone.

1 Like

OW2 is very much like OW1, just less shields and different things to be annoyed by.

For example… everyone loves a new hero… but everyone forcing Junker Queen in EVERY single game is getting a little old now.

Imagine my surprise not being aware of Orisa no shield and getting her in a custom game of mystery heroes.
I was like “wtf is going on why can’t I protect my team from the enemies attacks”

Imo removing her shield when they also removed the 2 tanks is unnecessary. Like there’s not going to be any double shields with only one tank so why remove the one thing I loved about her. Being able to protect against enemy pewpew.

1 Like