She has self heal and minilucio ult + movement speed on a couldown. she has an ability that works almost like roadhogs hook. she has an axe that does melee AoE that also self heal. her ult does self heal and antihealing. on top of that she deals alot of damage. she´s filling both support, tank and dps as a single strong unit. just compare that to other tanks.
its not justifiable. What can rein do? Charge, hammer, shield, flamestrike and ult that knockes people. What can roadhog do? he can heal himself, hook and shootgun. In the games i have, she wins about 80% of the matches that isnt against herself. she´s outright ridicolus. I thought she looked cool at first but ive never felt like something has been this broken so now i dont like her. I want to like her but i cant.
2 Likes
I am sure she will get a little something tomorrow, or for beta 3.
I am not sure she is that strong though… problem is you can’t really tell atm, because EVERY game has her in. But from what I have tried… Most tanks can out perform her.
If in doubt, just play Lucio Moira against her. She can’t do much to either, and beat counters her ult.
i think Junker Queen is a bit of a pub stomper but just as roadhog or reaper the other 2 shotgun characters that are kind of pubstompers they all suffer really badly to anas anti-nade.
1 Like
This might be why im so triggered. When i dont play tank myself i mostly play hanzo or genji. At the first beta i did much better at genji and now i feel worthless at him because junkerqueen is in every game.
But the thing is i play alot of tank too. Im decent at reinheart but the only way i as a tank can kind of concistently deal with junkerqueen is to play junkerqueen myself.
But i just dont think its good to give a character both the ability to give allies health and Speed, have self heal and at the same time kill more than roadhog because thats kind of all hes good at.
Wrong forum who is junkerqueen?
Characters need tweaks sure. Junker Queen doesn’t survive long without decent support/dps to follow up because her range is awful. Your real struggle is probably the random beta matchmaking. People trying to figure out what to do in 5v5.
New tank. Although you know this, you’re just trolling as you’ve not played the beta yet lol
She’s a close range brawler. You have to get in people’s faces.
If you want to play at range, you play someone else.
I think we should let blizz statistics do the work and not some random dude asking in forums for “Pl0x nerf dis hero me no likey”…
Regardless, its too early to tell since everyone is playing her and learning her. We also have no skill based match making. I enjoy playing her a lot and she doesn’t feel drastically broken. She has her downsides too. She ONLY works at very close range. Her knife is a 100% pure skill shot so landing it isn’t all that easy. Her shout ability is what makes her into a tank, but also requires her entire team to play close to her. Changing that could potentially completely obliterate the hero.
Her ult could use a tweak maybe. It has a very strong bleed effect and top that with the antinade and its kinda a fight winner if placed correctly. But her ult charges VERY slowly. I would rather see them tweak her ult back a bit but give her more ult charge faster.
I can usually kill JQ with rein. Not sure if the JQ I have played against just weren’t my skill rating. But rein at close range is far stronger than JQ so he can hammer her down fast, espcially if he runs around her making it hard for her to land her shots… I find roadhog to be a good counter to her. I just can’t seem to deal much with hogs when i Play JQ.
I think thats just a “skill” and practice issue.
Hog is by far the weakest tank right now.
I’d put Junker Queen around middle of the pack. Sigma is probably the strongest (although others a little better for a small selection of maps)
I agree he is the weakest. He seems to do decently vs JQ though. But as you say it may just be a skill thing given we have no matchmaking.
I wouldn’t want to see him against a comp of JQ, Ana, Lucio. He’d get f’d.
To some extent i do agree even if i was the guy that made this post. I do howether have the experience that i dont like this beta as much as the first one only because of her and that made me triggered enough to do this. I would be really happy if blizzard were a bit more open to how they believe she fits though. Theyve mentioned how some heroes are doing but i havent heard anything about her performance from them so i really can only go from my own experience and others ive watched stream.
I totally agree, but not because of her power, just her being in every game.
Not an issue when there is a new DPS or support as you can still play others with them. But if there’s 1 tank and everyone is playing that new one it gets old pretty quickly. Luckily, looking at streams it seems that buzz is fading off a little now.
1 Like
Ah I see. This is interesting. During this beta I have mainly played JQ and I can’t remember when I have had so much fun in OW but I could easily imagine that its annoying for other players playing against and also with her.
I generally dislike the whole premise of OW2 going to one tank. I did and do enjoy OW1 very much and play mainly tank. I enjoy the whole idea of having a main and off tank in clear cut roles. These new brawler tanks feel wrong to me when considering OW emphasizes team play and team synnergies.
If blizz insisted on keeping it to one tank in OW2 I would personally have liked it more if all the tanks were sort of transformed into frontline maintanks. Kinda like Rein and sig. Backline tanks like Ball and half tanks like JQ don’t cut it for me if I am to play support or even DPS. Maybe its just a matter of getting used to it though.
1 Like
This is fair. But the whole game is heading towards playing either a more dive style comp, or a spammy brawl. That is why atm Winston and Sigma are the best tanks.
Roadhog is much more stronger in my opinion. She doesn’t need any nerfs.
This is why i want statistics on how well different heroes do in the beta. Roadhog is among the 3 weakest in my opinion so this discussion doesnt go far XD
1 Like
Yeah anyone who says Hog is strong in OW2 clearly hasn’t played the beta.