Pls Remove Overtime and stop the BS

Seriously, blizzard, remove the overtime feature already…

all that happens is the enemy team switch to all the hyper mobile heros, and throw themselves at the point 1 by 1, taking infuriatingly long times to kill, unnecessarily elongating the match and sometimes, by shear luck, exhausting your CD’s and ult spamming, win it out when they don’t deserve it…

either remove Overtime or Lock hero select when there are 30s or less on the clock to stop this pathetic behaviour… if you cant win the objective in the time allotted you don’t deserve to win it…

nah, if the other team handles overtime in a better manner than yours, you deserve the loss.

6 Likes

that’s not true, adapting to the situation to turn the tables at the last moment is a large part of overwatch, and being able to group up at the last moment takes practise.

2 Likes

or… they abuse BS tactics to cheese the win when its not deserved

by all means, adapt, and try to win, but not abuse BS mechanics like tracers infinite blink and skinny hitbox, and hammond’s grand canyon health pool and spin crap… to abuse a feature that shouldn’t exist…

Overtime doesn’t exist in any other objective based game like this, TF2 didn’t have it… neither should this

1 Like

More an hero issue to be honest. Doomfist, hamond, lucio being well buffed to the insanity level he is at with the ult making people completely immortal, and no zen does not and he has a massive counter in ana so there is that. What can you do against lucio? Oh right sombra, the one hero that actually hard counters everything in the game much logic. Brigget pretty good stall hero as well, why? Well like every other good stall hero good self-sustain and borderline immortal. Than there is mei, she actually is immortal. Ovetime is not the issue, the borderline immortal heroes are.

I find it easy to take down lucios, brigitte just hack and Mei is only immortal if you are in her range. Bait out her ice rock, then long range kill her

1 Like

I know what to do, but everyone in your team does not, either way does not change the bottom line that hero design is what makes for the absurd overtime

Well since some heroes can be problematic, (Hammond being one or mei, Tracer is not a problem on point, she has 150 hp and can die in many ways. Others are far worse.

If you lose vs a team swapping heroes all the time (Meanwhile their respawn timer gets longer i think ?), when you have ults coming up all the time, then you are clearly not cooperating well as a team.

Invulnerability should not count towards contesting is all I am going to say.

1 Like

yeah, if you can’t understand or handle game rules, blame the rules.

2 Likes

I can both understand and handle it… doesnt make it any less frustraiting or unecessary… stupid rules are stupid regardless and overtime is thus

losing is always frustrating, you wouldn’t complain about your team winning in last seconds tho due to this mechanic. Those matches where enemy falls apart short of victory are exciting, packed with action and very satisfying in the end IMO.

If you fail to kill desperate enemy coming 1 by 1 at you, you very very certainly didn’t deserve scoring a win.

1 Like

This argument has always bothered me. So it is fine to have something flawed as long as you can benefit from it and abuse it to your own advantage? Its like the smurf problem - they can be on your team too therefore they are not that big of a deal.

A poor experience is a poor experience. Getting screwed over because a Mei is being invulnerable while still contesting is not fun no matter the side.

to me personally, yeah pretty much.

I had great experiences winning such matches, while losses from it vanish into “sh1t happens, move on” category. You win some, you lose some, thats the game.

Funny thing but it never happens…

I always lose because of this mechanic but never win because of it

And its besides the point if you cant win the objective in the time allotted you dont deserve to win it regardless and you certainly dont deserve it by abusing idiotic hard to kill heros whom you never play except for that one specific instance or stall it out in order to spam 6 ults in in overtime

Its pathetic frustraiting and utterly stupid and hence should not exist

as someone who loves puzzle fighter X2 turbo i have to say i love the turning the tables at the last minute aspect.

1 Like

well, there we go, maybe you are the problem - sticking to your static comp no matter what, due to laziness, 0 game sense or no situational awareness or all of them.

do you refer to the Mei? She’s played a lot actually.

1 Like

Its not the enemy at fault if you can’t handly 1 hero at a time in short order.

1 Like