Pls remove Overtime to stop the BS

Blizzard… Seriously… remove overtime… all it does is cause idiots to all switch to the most annoying impossibly difficult to kill heros who all jump on the point one after the other and elongate the match unnecessarily…

remove overtime because its useless… if you cant capture the objective in the time allotted you don’t deserve to win it by stalling out, exhausting the enemy CD’s and then ult spamming…

either that or make it impossible to switch hero when there is less than 30s on the clock…

3 Likes

That is a very close-minded way of looking at the game.
May as well take out Oasis, Nepal, Busan, Lijiang Tower, and Ilios from the game, seeing as without Overtime, those maps would end in literally 5 minutes.
You didn’t really give a reason for wanting OT to be removed, honestly.

I’m just going to go ahead and guess, before you made this post, you lost a match during Overtime cuz you wanted to play Reaper or Mccree or something slow, and didn’t feel like switching to a fast hero, and the other team went Tracer and Dva or Wrecking ball or something, and was able to farm their ults faster to secure the capture/hold.

Timers for spawn are already extended during overtime to prevent people from getting back on when the fight isn’t going in their favor. SPECIFICALLY so Overtime doesn’t last forever.

I can only imagine this problem occurs in bronze-low plat, where a stressful/intense overtime will cause players to panic/choke and not get the kills they need to end the fight. (for both teams).
I’ve seen it in Quick Plays, where I’m on Winston or something, doing very limited damage, watching both teams struggling to focus anything down.
That’s not an overtime issue, that’s a player issue.
-Not focusing down targets
-Not hitting the right shots at the right times
-Not building ult fast enough
-Throwing out ults randomly instead of pairing or finding a moment to to end the fight.

Do you know how many matches I’ve seen where they have 4 minutes to capture 1 tick to win a 2CP map, and they lose because they are popping ults one at a time instead of using half or more of them at once to make sure no1 lives?
Think about it, you see the timer, you see 4 minutes left. Does it take 4 minutes to get 6 ults? I’d hope not.

The problem isn’t overtime, the problem is players not knowing how to end it.
It’s not WoW where you just DoT everything and hope they die soon.
You actually need to make plays.
If switching to a fast hero and holding onto your ult for a couple minutes isn’t in your playbook, I don’t think you have a voice to complain about the game on the forums.
That’s just how I see it.

3 Likes

flagged as spam.

2 Likes

If you wouldnt mind removing that flag please as its not spam

The double post was caused because of that “your post needs to be moderated” crap

Thank you

only problem is you can just switch most of the defensive team and the attackers will get whiped because distance disadvantage (for example, defense goes full out bastion camp… without propper counters attackers are dead and lose)

but removing it alltogether won’t realy work out either…

that for me allways made TF2 a better game then this one. allas Valve realy dropped the ball on that game with their own broken version of comp (and killing community regulated servers)

exactly this. (20 characters)