Problem heros/combos and ultimates at low rank

Ok first off let me preface this… if you are ranked masters and above this does not apply to you…

If you are ranked masters and above your opinions wont factor here

If you ARE RANKED MASTERS AND ABOVE YOUR SUGGESTIONS WONT WORK HERE!!!

ok… now thats done lets start

playing tonight… ranked mid plat… and it comes to my attention that certain heros/combos and ultimates are problematic e.g (completely uncounterable and game breaking/ruining) at ANY RANK BELOW MASTERS!!!

1. Pharmercy : it goes without saying that this combination of hero’s is just completely broken AT BELOW MASTERS RANK!!!

The skill required to hit a phara in the air is mind blowing… that coupled with a pocket mercy makes her completely unkillable unless you land 3 consecutive headshots in short order… again impossible AT BELOW MASTERS RANK

counter arguments debunked : mcree is not a counter… he requires to much mechanical aim to be effective… soldier is not a counter… he requires too much mechanical aim to be effective and his dps is too low… ashe is not a counter… she requires too much mechanical aim to be effective… widowmaker is not a counter… she requires too much mechanical aim to be effective

Do you see a patern here? Because i do…

The gitgud! Argument debunked : WE ARE TALKING ABOUT BELOW MASTERS RANK!!!

1. dragonblade/nanoblade

Genji’s dragonblade is straight up busted from the getgo… 5 meter range? Give me a break… couple that with his unlimited mobility in his double jump… his dash with reset and his reflect… along with his extremely skinny hitbox makes him impossible to hit at all… AT BELOW MASTERS RANK!!!

then you throw a nano onto him and its instant 6 man kill team wipe… this is by far the worst offending of all the broken things in this game AT BELOW MASTERS RANK!!!

counter arguments debunked : winston is not a counter… he does too little damage and cannot keep up with genji’s speed and his giant hitbox makes him a drafonblade farm… mcree is not a counter… he requires too much mechanical skill to be effective AT BELOW MASTERS RANK… mcrees flashbang is not a counter… it is far too unreliable and it can easily be reflected even years after you’ve thrown it… mei is not a counter… she doesnt freeze him fast enough and cannot keep up with his mobility… sombra is not a counter… she doesnt do enough damage… cannot hack him fast enough and cannot keep up with his mobility… briggite is not a counter… she cannot do enough damage she cant keep up with his mobility and his reflect stops any damage she could do…

The gitgud! Argument debunked : THIS IS BELOW MASTERS RANK!!!

1. Any and all high mobility heros used to “stall” the point in overtime

The skill required to hit and kill these characters is not available AT BELOW MASTERS RANK!!! i had a game last 20 minutes in overtime because of hammond lucio and tracer trickling back in and contesting the point infinately…

It took a mei ult a whole hog an earthshatter and a dva bomb to dislodge them…

The counter argument debunked : mechanical skill and team focus ARE NOT AVAILABLE AT BELOW MASTERS RANK!!!

The gitgud! argument debunked : THIS IS BELOW MASTERS RANK!!!

Now… i dont care what you think in the (if you dont learn to do these things you will never rank up) i dont care about ranking up… i care about a fun and fair game and these things are not fun… or fair for anyone BELOW MASTERS RANK!!!

if all the neckbeards, no lifers and 12yos with ADHD on ritaline want to squabble in the upper echelons then fine… but the game where 95% of us play needs looking at and properly balancing…

1 Like

So, are you just here to complain? The problem is that you’re “debunking” things with your opinion, but opinions are not always right. You come across like you’ve already decided that no matter what anyone says, you’ll just dismiss them, so… what’s the point? What are you after? Are you just crying in the wind?

See, I play Mercy below masters and I can tell you now that if player “BELOW MASTERS RANK” switch to counter her and they focus fire, then the Pharah will either die or get shut down to the point where she can do no damage herself. You need to remember that a Phamercy is an investment on the part of the team. If the Pharah can’t get kills because she’s too scared to poke her neck out, then it makes both the Pharah and the Mercy barely effective, which is a third of the team! A Mercy pocketing a Pharah isn’t going to be looking after her other allies as well as she otherwise could. When I’m pocketing a Pharah I try to keep an eye on the rest of the team, but it’s just a simple fact that my damage beam will be on her and if my Pharah misses her shots or can’t poke out because there’s 2 hit scans on the enemy team, then she’s not only being useless but she’s also making me kind of useless too. That’s when it’s time for her to switch.

So, I guess that means I’m countering your debunking of the counter argument with my own counter argument that you need to “git gud”, or at least stop willingly presenting Phamercy as this unstoppable killing machine, when it clearly is not. It’s certainly effective if you’re against a good Pharmercy, but not unstoppable. :yum:

1 Like

focus fire is not available at below masters rank… neither is the mechanical aim skill required to shoot mercy when she is flying around… plus by the time the mercy is dead the phara has killed you and yhe phara can still not be shot because you are dead…

Your argument simply ignores the facts stated previously by me… try reading it fully next time

K thx bai

P.s this is not a complaint thread… its a factual statement thread for the eyes of people who can do something about it

Maybe you are rigth about first and third thing but at second you said it is meaningless, look ı have 96 hours of genji playing in total and ı have 17 hours ana playing in total and ı can say genji was a total beast untill we got moria which is a counter to genji, after that we got brigitte which is way better counter for genji than moira, after that we got baptiste which means now people can be immortal at some points of the game… So if you remove nanoblade genji will be useless, you can’t believe how much hard work and hard play it takes to play genji (btw Im not above master has never been master) Most of the times when you use genji’s ult without nanoblade you get 1 shotted by either hanzo or widow if you are lucky enough to not get 1 shotted which is not happening so much below master we could say, if you didnt get one shotted you will find whole enemy team focusing on you and you have only 200 hp which can get destroyed so fast beacuse of any random reinhardt swinging or any of the counter picks of you destroys you… and there is a big chance of you are being force to use your ult and then enemy lucio or zen ults which gives you nothing, or ashe can use her ult which is an oto aim dude, your whole play with genji gets destroyed… wihtout nano these are happening and ı am not even going to talk about billions of bugs happened to me, when you get nano boosted it helps you a lot with genji it makes you get less damage make more damage which means below master a easy team figth won but you can’t do it all the time it gives you avarge of 2 team figth wins wtih this combo for whole game incase we are talking about below master. And still a lucio or zen ult can be really close to counter nanoblade… Yess you can still get at least 2 kills if lucio ulted against nanoblade but by the time you are trying to secure your 2 kills from luico ulted team you will die at the end… or if zen ulted you can still kill enemies with a certain combo move but come on we are talking about below master so genji players wont get the certan combo againts zen ult… So genji is not a really great easy character to play it has billions of bugs and it has a lot of counter picks in the game and ask any genji main in the game you will hear that there has been games with them having more than 30 kills alone and still lost the game. So if you take out nano boost from it what is even left to play? I stopped playing genji at comp beacuse of this all going on there are easier heroes to play and get ranked up. I left playing my favourite hero in my favourite mode beacuse of how much focus my hero gets and how hard it is so please since blizzard will keep bringing counter heroes for genji do not say genji is over powered or something.

every time there is a half decent genji, and ana on the enemy team… my team always loose… because he farms Blade… gets nano’ed and team wipes allowing free push on the payload, free ticks on the point, and massive snowballing…

I don’t doubt its not easy to play genji, because he is supposed to be difficult to play… but having him difficult to play in every aspect only to give him an instant win button is bad balancing…

I would be all for making genji easier to play (stronger), if his ult… and his ult being combo’ed wasn’t so devastating… nothing else in the game has this potential anymore and that’s the reason its used so often, because its so easy to get game altering potential out of

The problems with the strats you mention is because the tank and support players in this game are too bad to understand that they also have some responsibility. If your opponent team has an Ana and Genji one of the supports have to play either Lucio or Zen to counter ult the nanoblade. Of course support players are too stupid to understand that so you just lose. The same goes with Pharamercy. While not as problematic, at least not for me since my aim is godlike, the tanks have to realize that they can’t just play a passive Rein + Zarya comp. You sometimes need a D.Va with the brain capacity of at least a 5 year old to help you out in that situation or have a support that hasn’t mindlessly been ranking up holding lmb for a few hundred hours so that they can actually aim and help you take them down. These are some extremely basic concept that the majority of this game’s playerbase still hasn’t understood after these three years that the game has been out.

which is why they are problematic at low rank… which is the title of the OP…

it should be able to be countered by more than just two support ults which are hard to farm at low rank… not only that… its not really a counter because half the time genji can burn through at least two of your team before the support ults come out… not only that… sometimes the genji just ignores their ults and goes after stragglers or people out of the support ult range which wins the fight anyway

that’s why this thread isn’t for you

not available at low rank… which is the preface of this post

it shouldn’t take a whole team of 6 people working together to counter 1 or 2 heros on the enemy team… that is just bad balance…

this game panders to the lowest common denominator in terms of “ease of access”… but is balanced towards the top 5% of the upper echelons of the player base… it cannot do both…

either they want it to be an ESPORT style competitive game with a double reinforced concrete wall that you have to break before you can have fun with it… or they want it to be a catch all casual fun time f**k about with a semi competitive nature

the thing that decides this is balance, and currently its balanced for the ESPORT side of things “at least concerning low rank” (which 95% of the player base play at) which makes it completely unfun and unrewarding for the precious small amount of time available to that casual player base) yet it is still advertised as “fun for everyone”… im sorry blizzard you can’t have your cake and eat it… either balance it correctly for the casual market and be happy that the majority of your players enjoy their time spent with it… or continue pandering to the minority just to satisfy your ESPORTS lust… which will end up ruining you and this IP… in my opinion

1. Pharmercy can be easily countered with any hitscan hero. I would recommend Soldier: 76. If this proves too difficult you can simply play Moira, her beam range is longer than you think. Target the Mercy first. If your aim is so poor that you can’t do this then Platinum may not be right for you. In this case try simply avoiding the Pharah. Most maps have enclosed areas that you can hide in to reduce the distance between you and her.

2. Dragonblade is one of the most powerful ults in the game, its disadvantage is that (similar to Doomfist) you have to get up close to use it. Hard counter with Roadhog to make Genji mains ragequit. You may also use a Zen ultimate to completely mitigate it. Running away is also effective.

3. High mobility heroes are countered heavily by heroes like Mei, Symmetra and Sombra. Orisa and Roadhog are also good choices, as is Zarya. If you are so incapable of aiming that you can’t use Mei’s primary fire, place down some Symmetra turrets.

4. Being rude to people is not helping your case; from what you’ve said you’re way above your actual rank.

1 Like

not at below masters rank, the mechanical aim requirement is too high, also the hitscans don’t do enough dps to out damage the heals

and its so powerful its an instant win button, getting up close isn’t an issue for genji because of his unlimited mobility, roadhog doesn’t counter genji all he does is drag him in close where he wants to be, zen ult is hard to farm and all genji does is wait for the zen to use it to save his own life, or wait for him to die and then use dragon blade, you cant run away because of genji’s unlimited mobility

not their not because mei symmeta and sombre cant keep up with their unlimited mobility, they simply run away, heal up and are back before your abilitys are off cooldown and you die

mei’s primary fire requires aim to be useful otherwise it doesn’t freeze people, symmetas turrets are destroyed if you breath on them so they are no good either

im not being rude, im stating facts, facts don’t care about your feelings, grow up snowflake

actually im ranked diamond but because of smurfs and cheaters I am stuck in plat/gold

hope this cleared things up for you

k thx bai

I agree with you. I also find it frustrating when we get teamwiped by things you mention.

But you really do come off like a complete jerk in your answer to Art3mis. Pharamercy does not take a master level aim to solo-kill, though, that’s just plain wrong. A gold level hitscan main can make their life quite difficult if they don’t play super safe.

1 Like

First of all thank you for routinely complementing me by suggesting I belong in Master for being able to shoot a slow moving aerial target…

It’s pretty clearly that you’re either very new to the game or simply not trying to learn from your mistakes. Based on what you seem to think the different heroes are capable of I highly recommend that you play them all before commenting on their abilities. You’ll find that Genji doesn’t have unlimited mobility, that Roadhog can one-shot most squishies if he hooks them, and that Mercy cannot heal anything when she’s dead.

If you’re having trouble aiming Mei’s primary, which is a spray that slows the target, I really need you to consider whether Overwatch is the right game for you. The fact that you’re (allegedly) higher rank than me really does show how poor this game’s competitive system is.

The biggest problem in low ranks is that no one uses voice or even joins the voice channel. When I could finally afford a new headset I was pretty bummed out about this.

Do not come here and ask for redemption. You have blown your steam, I hope you feel better now, but gamers are vile creatures who prey on the weak, so, take it as it is and be blessed.

This applies even with console!! games where no other forms of communication are available. You cannot expect to have a team game without a team sentiment.

Gotta be kidding me I killing them all the time with Orisa and help of +1 DPS, nothing they can do. Shield is protecting us from rockets and pharas aoe dmg is not that good since the rework so she has to aim more precisely, calculating in where the enemy might moves to and since we are “below the masters rank” genji can be screwed to hell by torb turret, they will go back crying at the point.

So true… Since torbjörn became a lot more usefull in comp people can basically play torb to counter genji for below masters. Couldn’t see that before thanks for ligthing me up!

At least you’re trying. It’s players like you that will make the difference eventually.