Racists in game chat

I hate to bring politics into something like this. But the amount of random racist chat I experience in this game is ridiculous. I have screen shots of a recent incident but theres no way to post or call a person out?

Can anyone suggest a way for getting these people noticed by Admins/Blizzard so they can be banned or at least taught a lesson.

Players account name was: Toasty

Many thanks

1 Like

These users will get actioned if you make use of the reporting system in-game with the category abusive chat.

(Also i recommend you edit your post and remove the name, this is to prevent people from witch hunting and harassing users)

welcome to video games, always has, always will exist

not saying its a good thing but you will never stop it x-D

1 Like

Report and move on…?

1 Like

Report the scummy bar steward and carry on. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello SCARLDC

I’m sorry to hear that you ran into this. We have no tolerance for such behavior and work endlessly to ensure a safe environment for all. While pro-active actions are taken, we also ask for your help to ensure that this holds true.

Due to the way tags work, there are 1000s of people of the name you mentioned. This is one of the reasons we ask players to right click report so that the correct person, and their behaviour around the time of report, are sent to our team for review.

For Ovewatch specifically please see:

The system is much the same across all games, but for our other games see:
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/search?q=report+harassment

Thank you so much for helping us keep Overwatch, and all our games, free from toxicity!

3 Likes

Firstly, racism is not a political issue (really wish people would stop claiming it is).

Secondly, people being racist in game should be hardware banned asap (pending proper checks obvs), and their details passed on to the correct authorities. (In England it is a criminal offence to make racist comments in the public space, which games and forums are).

1 Like

What an attitude. Its always happened so we have to accept it…

How about we stand up now and try kill it now.

I’ve locked this thread as there’s no debate to be had on the matter. Prejudice language has no place in our network and will not be tolerated, period.

1 Like