Really bad fps drops after update

Not to sound like a broken record here, but if it helps Blizzard understand that it’s a global issue and not just one person, I too, have had this problem for the first few minutes after starting the game. I have played on Ultra with max FPS and zero issues until the Halloween update. I haven’t seen them say anything about a resolution or really acknowledge the issue, but I figured I would add to the list of people who are also having the problem.

Hey!

I would like to report same problem, normaly i was playing ow with 144fps but after latest patch my game at the start of the game stars to lag rly badly. I need to always go to training and throw granades and stuff bc when i do it lags and then it fixes fps drops (like some textures need to load or idk) i am playing with nvidia rtx2080 and intel core i7-9700K, when i start the game my procesor is on 50% and my memory on 34% so i do not believe the problem is on our side.

I have the exact same issues as described in this forum. I thought it was my pc and I was going to freak because Overwatch is one of my games I NEVER have problems with technical-wise. When I first start my game it is unplayable, someone else described it as a literal slideshow and it makes it worse once there’s increased abilities being used. My CPU nearly spikes to 100 percent when first starting the game, but I found out that if i mess around in the training grounds for about 5 minutes everything goes back to normal and is perfectly fine. My CPU will go back to a normal 40 percent range of usage. I hope they fix this because I just want to play, not wait around for the issue to fix itself.

Everything was fine until today. Just booted the game up and getting 4 FPS, 4!!! Been running fine since the game launched. 3 separate PC’s, 3 different hardware configs, all now getting miserable FPS. Fix your game Blizz.

I am also having this issue, however this only started today (a while after the update). So far it only seems to be on starting up the game and then gets better over time. Verry strange considering I have never had this issue in my many years playing overwatch, especially strange when you consider I play on a high-end pc on the lowest graphical settings.

Same here - gotta play for about 5 minutes in the training section before the lag stops. it’s almost like the game has to warm up or something. Started after the update after Halloween. Running a 1080Ti, so there shouldn’t be a lag issue.

I’m having the same issue. After this weeks update, when I start the game my GPU and CPU go into the 80%s for the first few minutes and I get from 20s to 40s FPS. It’s really really frustrating. It does get better over time but still. I cannot play like this.

For reference, I’m on a i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1070 gaming laptop and from this, and because I’ve never had an issue, I KNOW it’s not my laptop. All my drivers have the lastest updates.

1 Like

Hello everyone!

I have the same issue too. Strange fps drops at the beggining that go away in 1-4 minutes. It started probably with Halloween event or maybe 1-2 weeks before it. First I thought that maybe there is problem with my GPU drivers, but new version didn’t fix it. I repaired game files, reinstalled it and nothing helps. I never had any issues with Overwatch so I belive something is wrong with the game. And there are no problems with other games, just Overwatch.

I contacted support but they believe there is issue with my PC. If you still have this annoying problem, please contact support too.

I got the same problem, the first 1-2 minutes of the first match i play is a slideshow, but then it settles and the game runs fine after that.

As many others i’ve tried reinstalling the game, lowering game settings but nothing helps.

It is only Overwatch that i have problems with, every other game runs fine on my pc.

I got a laptop with an i7 7700HQ and a GTX 1070.

I’ve been having the same problem for MONTHS.
I’ve gotten easily over 100 fps before, even on ultra mode. While I have now switched to low specs, i’ve been having drops from over 100, down to 3-20 fps, making it sometimes freeze and making it unplayable.

i have updated drivers, i have uninstalled and reinstalled.
No overlays are in use.

i haven’t had this sort of issue the entire time that i’ve been playing, and it’s making it really hard to continue to play - let alone want to keep playing.

same issue. been having it for weeks. It’s like slideshow when i start the game. have to warm up for like 5 mins

not that issue, but I’m scanning for 3hrs!!

Latest game update 1.54 didn’t fix the problem

I’m gonna contact support and link them this thread hopefully they actually look instead of saying my system is the issue when it most certainly isn’t… Maybe someday we’ll be able to jump straight into a match

I have the same issue since halloween, very annoying, can’t play my most played game with my waifu anymore >:(

Ryzen 2700x
16gb 3200mhz
Rtx 2080

I have the same problem . I get 140-160 all the time but after the update it goes down to 60-80 sometimes . Even happens in the start of the game (at the start point) . I lowered my graphics and it’s still the same . Please fix it ffs !!

Any news? Did it help?

Hi! I’m having this issue as well. Really awful, and it never used to do this. Ryzen 9 3900X and 2070 Super. Similar to others, seems like OW has to “warm up”. Frame drops as low as 4, and then jumps up to 220, back down, etc…

MsInfo: https://pastebin.com/B7riB8xR

DxDiag: https://pastebin.com/eZGiYnZB

Please fix!!

1 Like

Update - for anyone experiencing this issue, please submit a formal ticket. I got a response pretty quickly, but I’m following up on it because it doesn’t add up and didn’t resolve my problem. Need you to chime in.

Including response here

I just had a look at this and there are couple things here that you can try to improve performance again, as i’m seeing a couple programs installed here, that can cause these kinds of framerate drops.

So, for testing purposes i would suggest to fully uninstall all software from razer like Synapse, SDK, etc. then restart the PC and try again. Should you still see framedrops, close all other programs that run in the Background like Anydesk, G hub, CUE, Discord and OBS, then try again.

I contacted support but they believe the game is fine and something is wrong with PC

1 Like