Reaper is way overtuned

Im aware thats where the dart hit, but the recent reaper buff is overkill for entire game.

I see no purporse in playing the game at all, no enjoyment in being killed by overtuned reaper by blizz’s ape balance team.

Changes to him needs to be reverted.

2 Likes

Or, you could make an effort to learn some of the many ways to counter him :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You are either blizz employee or troll.

I suggest you play the game yourself and see what im talking about.

1 Like

I’m neither :frowning:

I’ve been playing the game close to every day since release. I have never seen Reaper be oppressive in a game.

I understand that lower ranks see him this way, but It’s mostly because they haven’t learned how to counter him at this level.

So as i suggested, if you take some time to learn the counter plays (and yes you can counter him without team play), then maybe you could reach a point where you understand that he’s actually not that strong.

3 Likes

I used to think he was overpowered too. But like BuyBoomStick said, you need to learn to counter him. Don’t get discouraged in your games, having a negative attitude towards it won’t help you either.

2 Likes

Have you ever tried any of the following?

• Picking Pharah
  • Picking Mcree
  • Picking Lucio (boop screws over his engagements)
  • Picking Mercy (GA has a SUPER short cooldown and can get you WAY out of his range)
  • Picking Hog (may seem dumb, but an M1 + Hook + M1 + Melee will delete him and his large hitbox.)

He isn’t overtuned. He actually still completely stinks!

1 Like

Reaper is a joke, you need to relax.

1 Like

Thats weird. A week ago this post would have gotten numerous nods and likes.

2 Likes

Maybe their favoutrite youtuber said Reaper is not OP, but idk.

Trying to improve or blame a character? :thinking:

I honestly wish they reworked Pharah im aware it might be unpopular opinion and that is fine, but it answer many of the problems, normally everyone is hating on players that play lot of heroes that cant deal effectively with Pharah right now its not the case at all, its as if Pharah entire existance is ignored.

I do not like either, i wish Pharah was the Tracer of the sky just as annoying and mobile as Tracer and very fun to play, oh i would instantly pick Pharah if i have trouble as Brigitte vs Brigitte because of how i tend to play :crazy_face:, like playing Winston when you cant win Widow vs Widow duel :brain: except i do it cos i like to encourage switching on enemy team.

Jokes sometimes can be taken seriously… Reaper… Not so much…

Nerfed to 40% in the upcoming patch, first time Blizzard has ever admitted fault. Best not to try and tell people Reaper is OP, apparently he didn’t instakill GOATS and therefore he’s not an issue… or something.

in lower ranks and 1vs1 that 40% nerf has no impact , it will be the same as 50%…

1 Like

I dunno, Reaper is most popular in gold and fades away in silver/bronze. I myself have no clue why, perhaps silver/bronze are so bad they cant even take advantage of him?

Well they just nerfed him so

30%, 40%, 50%, it’s all the same in low ranks, people just don’t have the awareness to react in time to an immediate and unexpected threat.

Obviously it’s easier to do it with 50% but even with 30% you can solo half of a team in gold or below.

I feel so too OP. I think plat ane below feel the pinch the most… Also doesnt help cosidering all the heroes i main are weak to him.
Some counter suggestions posted above do make me think however

They buffed him to try and make him more relevant in higher level play to counter Goats, but the problem is that he still just dies immediately to stuns/getting ganged up on and focused down.

The higher level players are coordinated enough to do that, but at lower ranks, some people know, but trying to get your team to cooperate and focus the Reaper can be almost impossible sometimes. The same exact thing goes for Bastion. Either you group up and answer the threat, or you just lose.

Its honestly worst than Brig being present on the enemy team meaning you can’t play Tracer, because if the enemy team picks Reaper or Bastion, it could mean you just lose in the most unfun ways possible.

I really think both of them could use reworks to make them a bit more generally useful and less do-or-die.